I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@scotttmcmahon
  • Facebook:facebook.com/sexmcmuffin
  • Locationnw burbs

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

im down for either game. its an excuse to leave work early or take the day off. im a paralegal, so we may choose to have interesting discussions on the hot legal topics of the day. i am quite handsome. i used to live in the area and can give you a personal tour. if you wanna come back to town on May 5 I have an extra "ticket" for a rooftop game that day. go cubs go is my favorite song.. and i sing LOUD. of course the obligatory purchasing you adult beverages and baseball related snack items. ill def buy a BN tshirt so I can wear it to the game with you. never sat in the bleachers, except for the Bud Light Bleacher Box seats.. which are now gone and im very sad. ill mention @BleacherNation or #BleacherNation is all my tweets for a week. yah. thats it. go cubs go

#17 andoalex

andoalex

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I would be available for Tuesday. I'm a poor college student in Indianapolis who just happens to not have class on Tuesdays (seems kind've meant to be). Being a poor college student, I have not been able to afford bleacher seats so it would be my first time. Have some compassion in your heart.

#18 NickKappel

NickKappel

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@NickKappel

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Why you should pick me for Wednesday's game:
  • I graduate from college in three weeks and need one last drunken hoorah before entering the real world, thus losing the opportunity to cut class for a day game at Wrigley.
  • I'm willing to watch Chris Volstad pitch in person.
  • I'll give you my Andrew Cashner bobble head.
  • I've been to 10 games at Wrigley. The Cubs have won seven of them.
  • When I'm famous in 10 years, you'll be able to say you went to a Cubs game with me.
  • Wrigley Field is my favorite place in the world.
  • I will buy all the Old Style you can drink in one day.
  • I've been following the site for about a year and this is my first post (which shows how much I want to go).
  • I'll buy a Bleacher Nation t-shirt.
  • I'll wear my new Bleacher Nation t-shirt.
  • We can talk about how you almost picked me to be BN's Minor League Writer—but didn't—and how Luke is doing an awesome job in my stead.
  • I promise not to be "that guy" if we run into Ricketts.
  • I love the Cubs.

#19 JulioZuleta

JulioZuleta

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

that post got messed up...see below

#20 JulioZuleta

JulioZuleta

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Top 5 reasons why you should take me to the game
5. You've met me and know I'm not a creepy internet warlock.
4. If David DeJesus gives me his hat and/or wife, I will pass said offering on to you.
3. I could have made millions selling screen shot Soler pictures to global media outlets, but selflessly gave them to you.
2. The Cubs are undefeated with a 0.00 ERA and are averaging 8.00 runs per game when we sit next to each other. That is probably not a coincidence. By not taking me, you are pretty much guaranteeing a loss. You wouldn't want do that, would you?
1. If there is only 1 open seat on the red line after the game....you can sit on my lap.

#21 Slinger182

Slinger182

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/BrianDentlinger
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/brian.dentlinger
  • LocationNaperville IL

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

I can go to either game. I'll buy you beer and I wipe my own ass.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

You are all freaking killing me. This might be the funniest collection of things I've ever seen.

#23 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Top 5 reasons why you should take me to the game
5. You've met me and know I'm not a creepy internet warlock.
4. If David DeJesus gives me his hat and/or wife, I will pass said offering on to you.
3. I could have made millions selling screen shot Soler pictures to global media outlets, but selflessly gave them to you.
2. The Cubs are undefeated with a 0.00 ERA and are averaging 8.00 runs per game when we sit next to each other. That is probably not a coincidence. By not taking me, you are pretty much guaranteeing a loss. You wouldn't want do that, would you?
1. If there is only 1 open seat on the red line after the game....you can sit on my lap.

ditto. Minus the Soler thing. But what Julio is not telling you is that I gave the pics to him, then he gave them to you. So, booyah.

(this is not a real entry).

#24 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

1-Pick a goat and reverse the curse! They will let me in (something they denied by kin, once, ONCE (catch that movie reference? Yeah I'm old school hip like that) and can use punctuation)

2-During pre/post game I will make sure you enjoy craft beer.

3-I will bring you a sixer of either Shorts Brewing (cannot find outside of Michigan) or Founders Brewing of your choice.

4-I work for BN but don't get paid.

5-BEER, BEER, BEER

6-I'm a driver, I'm a winner

(sadly this is not an entry... Work, responsibility, kids to feed, bills to pay... But this is my ongoing answer to all future contest)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#25 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

1-Pick a goat and reverse the curse! They will let me in (something they denied by kin, once, ONCE (catch that movie reference? Yeah I'm old school hip like that) and can use punctuation)

You firgot that punctiation thingy that goes at da end of da sentence.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#26 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

I wouldn't dick you in the dick if you gave me the ticket to the Tuesday game? Edit: I would also contemplate getting a BN tatoo and/or I would be "that guy" for you if we talked to Ricketts again. Edit: I would punch Ronnie "WOO WOO" in the face every time he woo's. Edit: <insert crazy act here> Edit: "You needn’t actually talk to me, or even look at me. But you must sit within five rows of me, and you must act like you know me when I wave (which I will do at least once every three innings)." How about this, I will sit next to you on your lap for the whole game just constantly jibber-jabbering away about the game and profess to everyone that I am madly in love with you. Is that friend-ly enough? Edit: Ok, fine, you are a shrew negotiator. I will sell you this 1992 Geo Metro, today, right now, immediately, for $250 a month. That's it though. I can't go back to my manager on this one, it's now or never. Edit: Ok, I will dick you in the dick, if necessary. Edit: You know what? If I have to dick you in the dick to win the tickets - eat my shorts! Edit: Ok, I am a sad, pathetic little man and would do anything for a free ticket to Wrigley. Edit: In a pathetic response to the other candidates offers of free beer - I would be gracious enough to let you buy my beer. Edit: Ok, I am done being a spaz.

Hi, its Joe again, thought I heard you pick up as I was leaving the last message. Still wanting to go to the game. Call me..wait, hello? No, ok, call me.

#27 Ben in Nebraska

Ben in Nebraska

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@TheRealBenBrush
  • LocationOutside Omaha, NE

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

When you don't go to the game with Brett, you watch the game at a bar. When you watch the game at a bar you meet a Cardinals fan. When you meet a Cardinals fan he points out that they have won multiple World Series titles since 1908. When he points out that they've won muliple World Series titles since 1908 you begin to think about becoming a Cardinals fan. When you begin to think about becoming a Cardinals fan you suddenly feel an urge to kick you own ass. When you kick your own ass you end up in the hospital. Don't end up in the hospital, go to the game with Brett!

#28 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

You firgot that punctiation thingy that goes at da end of da sentence.

I refuse to acknowledge the full stop until it pays me a consulting fee for teaching!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#29 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Please continue reading for several convincing arguments:
1. I actually don’t have much going on next week.
2. I think I have enough airline miles to make this happen.
3. I happen to be a huge Cubs fan.
4. I have an extra band practice next week that I really don’t want to go to… this would give me a convenient out.
5. I surely was a runner up in the pledge competition; so consider this your second chance to do the right thing. I won’t hold it against you.
6. We can crash at my buddies place. He’s got a futon AND a couch (= loaded)
7. I once spent a night at a strip club with Koyie Hill, and I know what a fan you are of Koyie’s.
8. Im a happy drunk… except when Im surrounded by cardinal fans
9. I could be really handsome if I weren’t slightly overweight and ugly.
10. Bleacher Nation Tattoo? I’ve already got one! (not really).

#30 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

i'm not sure quoting johnny dangerously make you any kind of hip... but it does show you're old

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).