39 replies to this topic

#31 asbraner

asbraner

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Why you should bring me to Wednesday's game...

1. The last Cubs game I attended, our only runs were scored on a Milton Bradley home run.

2. I desperately need to replace that as my most recent Wrigley memory, and forget Milton Bradley forever.

3. Absolutely anything that happened in this game would be better than that.

4. If a Cardinals home run ball comes within 8 rows of us, I will fight like a 300 warrior for you to get that ball. Just so you can throw it back. Then we can giggle like school boys together.

5. Go Cubs Go!

#32 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

1-Pick a goat and reverse the curse! They will let me in (something they denied by kin, once, ONCE (catch that movie reference? Yeah I'm old school hip like that) and can use punctuation)

i'm not sure quoting johnny dangerously make you any kind of hip... but it does show you're old

Ding, ding, ding yup old yet hip which equals kinda lame

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#33 DaneHuseman

DaneHuseman

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:dhuseman

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Brett,

You should pick me because I won the spelling bee in 5th grade and never got my prize.

I am moderately attractive (according to my mom). I am of legal age to have fun, and I can be funny under pressure.

I can assure you it would be an enjoyable experience (the cubs are 3-4 in games I have been to, but I have enjoyed every single one of them).

Thanks in advance,
Dane

#34 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Brett,

You should pick me because I won the spelling bee in 5th grade and never got my prize.

I am moderately attractive (according to my mom). I am of legal age to have fun, and I can be funny under pressure.

I can assure you it would be an enjoyable experience (the cubs are 3-4 in games I have been to, but I have enjoyed every single one of them).

Thanks in advance,
Dane

Are you hitting on him? :P

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#35 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Brett,

Thanks in advance,
Dane

NTTAWWT...

#36 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Brett,

Thanks in advance,
Dane

NTTAWWT...

Just funnin around.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#37 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Brett,

Thanks in advance,
Dane

NTTAWWT...

Just funnin around.

Heh. Me too.

#38 Myles

Myles

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hey, I'm redacting my previous offer to go to the Wednesday game. I have a work meeting that simply cannot be moved. I am still available to attend the Tuesday game. Best of luck to you in filling your position, and I wish you nothing but the best in future endeavors.

#39 BlueExile

BlueExile

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:BlueExile

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Reasons you should take me to Wednesday's game:

- I've been told I'm mildly funny and entertaining. (not guaranteed)

- I won't fight for home run balls, but if it lands close I *might* try to grab it. (Assuming it's not too much work)

- The Cubs have lost more times than not when I go, but I doubt me being there had anything to do with it. (also not guaranteed)

- Currently I'm set to go to more games at Busch than Wrigley this year, and that makes me sad. This would even me out and put a huge smile on my face,
and what more can you ask for?

Now that all that is out of the way, in all seriousness, I've never been to a Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigely and would love the chance to go!

#40 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Thanks, all. This was a lot of fun and made for some really tough choosing. The winners are listed in today's Bullets. We'll do this again for my next game (in May against the Phillies).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).