Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Eyeing Free Agent John Axford
Yesterday, 05:35 PM
- No Curtis Granderson for the Cubs: Four Years and $60 Million from the Mets
Yesterday, 01:46 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Zoning Committee Blesses Changes to Plan
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: Corbin Hoffner
Yesterday, 11:30 AM
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
The influence of baseball!
Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:45 PM
Of course, "data mining" existed before Moneyball, and the city of Chicago is strongly associated with it: for example, the periodicity of extinctions in the fossil record was documented by two profs at the University of Chicago using large databases.
Still, it's cool to see baseball being viewed like this....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).