#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I tend to prefer fewer categories (time was, I thought there should be two categories: Cubs, and Everything Else), but the Rumor/Trade Idea forum and the Ticket Exchange forum were requested, and struck me as pretty reasonable/good ideas. We'll see how they go. They aren't permanent additions just yet.

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

The rumor/trade idea forum seems a little silly to me. But the tickets one makes sense.

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

The rumor/trade idea forum seems a little silly to me. But the tickets one makes sense.

Careful. You don't know who's idea it was...

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ha. Well, unless it was mine, and now I look like an hypocritical ass, I'm not afraid to voice a dissenting opinion. I'm not strongly opposed, but I don't understand why necessary. It doesn't really seem like the other forums are clogged up with an overload of rumor/trade idea posts. Just seems extraneous. No biggie.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ha. Well, unless it was mine, and now I look like an hypocritical ass, I'm not afraid to voice a dissenting opinion. I'm not strongly opposed, but I don't understand why necessary. It doesn't really seem like the other forums are clogged up with an overload of rumor/trade idea posts. Just seems extraneous. No biggie.

We'll see how it goes. I thought it was an interesting thing to try out as we approach rumor season. And if the idea generator wants to explain it further to you, I'll let him step in...

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ha. Well, unless it was mine, and now I look like an hypocritical ass, I'm not afraid to voice a dissenting opinion. I'm not strongly opposed, but I don't understand why necessary. It doesn't really seem like the other forums are clogged Ip with an overload of rumor/trade idea posts. Just seems extraneous. No biggie.

It was your Midwest self-me! I just noticed a few post in the Bleachers about some ridiculous trade senarios I thought it would be nice to have a separate place where people could suggest the silly trades that some people love and other want to ignore. As trade season begins a influx will appear of Barney+Soto+Byrd for ARod or something Garza for Adam Jones. It will be interesting to see what ones out as the rumor mill picks up. As for the ticket listing, as long as it doesn't become links to stubhub or private ticket brokers it should be okay.

The little fun toddler that was BN is growing up, now we just have to get through those teenage years.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#9 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ha. Well, unless it was mine, and now I look like an hypocritical ass, I'm not afraid to voice a dissenting opinion. I'm not strongly opposed, but I don't understand why necessary. It doesn't really seem like the other forums are clogged Ip with an overload of rumor/trade idea posts. Just seems extraneous. No biggie.

It was your Midwest self-me! I just noticed a few post in the Bleachers about some ridiculous trade senarios I thought it would be nice to have a separate place where people could suggest the silly trades that some people love and other want to ignore. As trade season begins a influx will appear of Barney+Soto+Byrd for ARod or something Garza for Adam Jones. It will be interesting to see what ones out as the rumor mill picks up. As for the ticket listing, as long as it doesn't become links to stubhub or private ticket brokers it should be okay. The little fun toddler that was BN is growing up, now we just have to get through those teenage years.

Just like my son being a month old baby - I miss the younger BN...soooo much negativity these days.

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

The Cubs aren't helping.

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

I do love all of the armchair GM's that even up to Friday were calling for Byrd to just be released and now they are turning the guns on Soto. There is humor on the main pages, if you look for it.

#12 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

I do love all of the armchair GM's that even up to Friday were calling for Byrd to just be released and now they are turning the guns on Soto. There is humor on the main pages, if you look for it.

I'm all for Soto getting bounced as soon as (well, if ever) he gets his average up to .250.

#13 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm all for Soto getting bounced as soon as (well, if ever) he gets his average up to .250.

Provided we get something decent for him.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).