Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

It is a bit depressing to feel that the season is over in Mid-April. Not only does it seem the Cubs are one of the worst teams in baseball, but other than Castro's hitting, there is really nothing to make me watch. Then I noticed something, and for lack of a better term, or the fact that it was the first thing to come to my head, I introduce the Beat The Douche Bags Standings:

BTDB DIVISION W L GB

Boston Red Sox 4 10 -
Chicago Cubs 4 11 1/2

Well, well, well...look at that...as bad as we are(and we are bad) we are in the thick of the BTDB race...take that Lucky Lucchino, and the king of all douche-iness Bobby Valentine! It would be pretty damn funny if the Cubs finish better then them...you have to look for small joys in life.

*** On a small footnote, as I have stated before, I devout most of my March, April, and May to attempting to coach high school baseball.(hence my sporadic BN appearances) Back in 2005, we faced one Michael Bowden...who proceeded to strike out 17 of the 21 guys he faced. Michael is a great kid, and there was much thought that when he came up, if he was with a different organization he would have been a 3rd or 4th starter very early on. I know it is only High School, but over the last 7 years our team faced Casey Crosby(ranked in Detroits top ten) and Michael Folteneywicz( ranked in Houstons top ten). These guys threw harder than Bowden, but Bowden was light years ahead in command and polish. I think we should be excited about a potential huge upside...and I hope they convert him back to a starter.

#2 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I love this idea. Beat those douche bags!

#3 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Oswego Chris = Super Genius!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Can there be other douchebags, too? Well, I guess the problem there is that the prime candidate is the Cardinals, and that might just be depressing.

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Only thing better than facing someone of that caliber is having the kid on your team (just don't pull a Dusty).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).