Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Ryan Kalish Making Nate Schierholtz Expendable?
Yesterday, 06:06 PM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Giants 2 – March 10, 2014
Yesterday, 05:00 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Giants (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Injury Shake-Up, Samardzija, Santana, Diaz, Carpenter, Headley (UPDATE)
Yesterday, 10:59 AM
- Could the Cubs’ TV Deal Look More Like the Dodgers’ Deal Than the Phillies?
Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
3rd Member: Cubs All-Crype team
Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:24 AM
OF- RYAN HARVEY
Yikes. This was a bad pick. Ryan did make the Baseball America top 100 twice, but apparently they were as wrong as the Cubs were. Ryan was drafted in the 1st round, number 6 overall in 2003.(more on that later) Ryan's stellar 8 year minor league career, was so, so Cub:
- he whiffed every 3.6 at bats
- he had a career .244 avg
- he didn't like to walk, .297 OBP
the MLB draft is a crap shoot, but when you miss this bad, it's why we are in the dire position we are today.
Now the real crappy part:
OTHER PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 2003-
(gulp) Ryan Braun, Matt Kemp, John Danks, Nick Markakis, Drew Stubbs, Carlos Quenitn, Chad Billingsley, Jonathon Papelbon, Andre Either, Adam Jones
-this was a loaded draft, and we got Ryan Harvey
So now we have a 2b-Ty Griffin, and two Of- Brooks Kieschnick, and Ryan Harvey....oh yeah and Brooks can throw an innning or two
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).