The 12 Days of GoatsMas(or Cubsmas) Contest...starting Monday!
Oswego Chris - Today, 09:56 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- No Curtis Granderson for the Cubs: Four Years and $60 Million from the Mets
Today, 01:46 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Zoning Committee Blesses Changes to Plan
Today, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: Corbin Hoffner
Today, 11:30 AM
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Today, 10:06 AM
- New York Yankees Set to Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda – Any Masahiro Tanaka Implications?
Today, 09:56 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
3rd Member: Cubs All-Crype team
Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:24 AM
OF- RYAN HARVEY
Yikes. This was a bad pick. Ryan did make the Baseball America top 100 twice, but apparently they were as wrong as the Cubs were. Ryan was drafted in the 1st round, number 6 overall in 2003.(more on that later) Ryan's stellar 8 year minor league career, was so, so Cub:
- he whiffed every 3.6 at bats
- he had a career .244 avg
- he didn't like to walk, .297 OBP
the MLB draft is a crap shoot, but when you miss this bad, it's why we are in the dire position we are today.
Now the real crappy part:
OTHER PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 2003-
(gulp) Ryan Braun, Matt Kemp, John Danks, Nick Markakis, Drew Stubbs, Carlos Quenitn, Chad Billingsley, Jonathon Papelbon, Andre Either, Adam Jones
-this was a loaded draft, and we got Ryan Harvey
So now we have a 2b-Ty Griffin, and two Of- Brooks Kieschnick, and Ryan Harvey....oh yeah and Brooks can throw an innning or two
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).