Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Hey Brett, How About an App for Android, IOS and Windows Phone 7?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'd' love to see it!

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

The site does have a mobile view but it's kinda ugly (I think Brett has it disabled) my iPhone works fine with everything. What feature would you want on a app.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Something along the lines of "North Side Rundown" would be great. I have an Android with a very small screen, but that app works beautifully on it, I don't even have to zoom the text.
I'm looking to get a device with a larger screen, I'm waiting for Windows Phone 8 to come out in the Fall. If I don't like that, I think I'll go with a Galazy Note, then i can read ANYTHING!

#4 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

That'd be great, though I'd like to put in a request for BlackBerry, as well. (my company is currently standardized with BBs as the phone to use for my "level") I am working on getting that changed to iPhones, but that's going to take a while. Dang, the stupid BlackBerrys... it is getting harder and harder to find current, recent apps for BBs... if you don't have an iPhone or Android, you are left in the dark...

#5 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, I think Ace disabled the mobile view of this forum site because it was all screwy. I'm sure it's on the list.

And, seriously, Horizons, Blackberry? If you're in mobile software development, coding for BB is SOOOOOOO very far down the list of priorities. There's no user base anymore, as more and more enterprise users migrate to IOS/Android. I'm sorry that you're stuck with one.

#6 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have a problem were if i type more than a paragraph the cursor moves to the beginning

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, they're all on the list for sure, but the rub is this: I have an iPhone, and, for me, I actually like the way the site operates on the phone (as in, I wouldn't really want an app or a mobile version). As phones get better and better, the need for mobile versions or apps (unless the app does something different than the main site) goes down.

#8 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Was that a "No"? :)

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Haha, no, not a total no. I just have to keep thinking about it, and mostly about what a BN app would look like/function like, so that it's not just a regurgitation of the site. In other words, I'd only want to do it if there was a way that it offered something new/different for folks. I haven't really had a great idea in that regard yet.

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Haha, no, not a total no. I just have to keep thinking about it, and mostly about what a BN app would look like/function like, so that it's not just a regurgitation of the site. In other words, I'd only want to do it if there was a way that it offered something new/different for folks. I haven't really had a great idea in that regard yet.

Set up a webcam of you working - that is what the app could be. A stream of you working away at BN. EXCITING!!!

#11 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Set up a webcam of you working - that is what the app could be. A stream of you working away at BN. EXCITING!!!

It will just be video of him sitting in front of his computer wearing his cat pajamas.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hans just wants to see me in one of my underwear-only moments.

#13 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

Actually, a regurgitation of the site would suit me fine. Then I would have BN anywhere I am as the website doesn't work so well on my little Galaxy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).