Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

I am really not a fan of the NBA and haven't since the Jordan era(but yet, I will comment anyway)

It is really stupid to blame Tom Thib.(too lazy to look up the spelling right now) for D-Rose's injury. It's an NBA game. A 12 point lead with a minute is not safe. With the 15 timeouts each team gets, the last minute sometimes lasts an hour. I saw Reggie Miller score 12 points in like 25 seconds one time. Human nature forces people to always look for someone to blame.

Bad News-Rose will never be the same

Good News- He will still be very, very good and maybe this will force the Bulls to acquire another superstar and not just rely on 11 other really good guys. As currently constructed, I don't think the Bulls were an NBA champion type team. Dwight Howard and Rose? That I could watch.

I

#2 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Nope, no reason to blame Thibodeau... You could tell in the post game press conference he was probably already beating himself up over it. I wouldn't have taken Rose out either. He needed to get some game work in and get more into game shape.

It is definitely frustrating though. I watched the game and was already thinking ahead to round two, knowing that the 6ers didn't have enough talent to put up much of a fight in round one. The Bulls were again starting to gell and it was starting to give me a little hope that they could give the Heat a good challenge, maybe even move past them with a little luck.

Then I hear the announcer saying "Rose is hurt!" The sports gods are pretty damned cruel sometimes...

#3 hawkcub

hawkcub

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationN.E. Iowa

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

The What if game is stupid IMO. How it happened leads me to believe it may have happened at a later date anyways. I am not writing them off just yet. They do have some decent players and play a team game more then any other team does.

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

I don't really like the Bulls much (I'm a Jazz fan), but they still have enough talent without Rose to beat the 76ers and maybe Boston/Atlanta. The unfortunate thing is is that I doubt very much anyone in the East now has enough talent to beat the Heat (who I absolutely detest).

Also, the thing I'm most bummed about is that D-Rose is going to miss the Olympics now, too.

Oh, and Iman Shumpert for the Knicks tore his ACL yesterday too for anyone that cares; apparently the media can only cover one torn ACL at a time.

#5 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

I agree w/Spencer... I think the Bulls, even minus Rose, should be able to adavance a ways in the playoffs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made it to the Conference championship series, in which they would most likely be facing Miami. Anything can happen, though, as we see over and over. Miami is not immune to the injury bug. If the Heat were to lose D-Wade, or James, they would also be in a world of hurt, and would be back on an even plane with the Bulls. Not to wish an injury on anyone, but I think most people DO detest Miami (add ME to that list, as well), and a tear would not be shed for them in MY household.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).