Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Sign Reliever Wesley Wright to One-Year Deal
Yesterday, 08:43 PM
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Yesterday, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Yesterday, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Injuries Potentially Impacting Plans?
Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:09 AM
Two prospects that many fans are clammoring to have promoted to the Cubs are Rizzo and Jackson. At this point, indications are that both of these players will "probably" find themselves playing on the green grass of Wrigley sometime this season, but not for a while (June), mostly because the organization will retain an extra year of control of these players, if it doesn't rush things by bringing these future stars up early.
Would those plans be altered if, for instance, Brian LaHair were to be heading to the DL for an extended period of time? Would Theo and Co.'s plan be altered in order to cover 1st? Sure, there are other players on the roster that can play at 1st base, so I'm assuming that we wouldn't see Rizzo early, but you never know.
What if the outfield should suffer a few injuries, would Jackson be brought up? Probably not, but it could make things interesting...
Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).