#31 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

PatandRons - Starting three pitchers that haven't played yet this season. Over a month since last lineup change.

Baseball Bloggers - Has had Carl Crawford and Andy Pettitte in starting lineup all season. No roster changes in two months.

Bummer.

That's not cool. I figured both of those guys would be dedicated owners. We're definitely going to have to think about lining up some replacements.

You will be hard pressed to find 24 super dedicated owners (hell, that is hard enough to do in the MLB). I know I am not super active, but I try, I guess that counts for something!

Hansman is right...most fantasy leagues with 12 or 14 guys have some guys drop out, let alone one with 24. I think one this size with participation over 50% is pretty good.

#32 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

PatandRons - Starting three pitchers that haven't played yet this season. Over a month since last lineup change.

Baseball Bloggers - Has had Carl Crawford and Andy Pettitte in starting lineup all season. No roster changes in two months.

Bummer.

That's not cool. I figured both of those guys would be dedicated owners. We're definitely going to have to think about lining up some replacements.

You will be hard pressed to find 24 super dedicated owners (hell, that is hard enough to do in the MLB). I know I am not super active, but I try, I guess that counts for something!

Hansman is right...most fantasy leagues with 12 or 14 guys have some guys drop out, let alone one with 24. I think one this size with participation over 50% is pretty good.

And the people that are participating are fairly active, as far as roster moves, trades, and shit talking. I've been in leagues before where everybody just drafted their players, and set their lineups, and that was it.

#33 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Bummer.

And the people that are participating are fairly active, as far as roster moves, trades, and shit talking. I've been in leagues before where everybody just drafted their players, and set their lineups, and that was it.

I have to stay quiet. You have to have a team worth talking shit about in the first place.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#34 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

This is awesome! Best and most active league I've been a part of.

Was wondering if there was a point where the commissioner would get involved with setting their lineups or possibly finding replacement owners.

Yeah that might be option, I'll reach out to inactive owners and come mid season we'll see

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#35 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Great conversation everyone

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#36 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Rick, while I appreciate Taint Petersburg, there was no way in hell I'd part with Zobrist and Santana. Santana has been the biggest steal of the draft by far for me. I picked him up super late and he's done well for me.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#37 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Rick, while I appreciate Taint Petersburg, there was no way in hell I'd part with Zobrist and Santana. Santana has been the biggest steal of the draft by far for me. I picked him up super late and he's done well for me.

That's alright. After the nights Beltran and Zambrano had last night, I'm not too excited about trading them away anymore. Beltran is having an MVP start for me. I just hate how dirty I feel when he succeeds.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#38 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

That's alright. After the nights Beltran and Zambrano had last night, I'm not too excited about trading them away anymore. Beltran is having an MVP start for me. I just hate how dirty I feel when he succeeds.

I have to take a shower every time after Yadier Molina puts up 20 points for me.

#39 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

I feel the same way about Braun. That fucker is feast or famine for me.

#40 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Careful, I had the opportunity to trade Chris Sale 2 weeks ago for a decent return, at least as it stands now.

#41 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

My team has come all the way back to take a .25 lead that won't hold for long.

#42 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Luke Hochevar lost me 20 points today and a total of 33 for the week. I'm going to Marmol his ass to the bench.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#43 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Aaand I lost by 1.25 motherfucking points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).