#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ryan Braun had some pretty impressive stats last night. Braun went 4/5 at the plate with 3 HRs, 1 triple and 6 RBIs. Not too shabby for someone that is playing in his 22nd game of the season (not even half-way through what SHOULD have been a 50 game suspension).

It's a REAL shame that his suspension was not upheld.

#2 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Facebook:Caleb Shreves
  • LocationSt. Louis :(

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

3 Homers last night? Man, he must have upped his dose.

"Okay Mr. Braun, there's your steroid shot."

"Nah man, hit me again. I feel a good game coming tonight."

"But Mr. Braun-- we don't even know if that amount is safe for the human body! You could get hur-"

"Dammit man! Load me up and no more backtalk! And you better make sure you have enough stock on hand for the rest of the season! Give Berkman a call if you run low. ROIDRAGE!!!!..... hey, have you seen my ninja mask around?"

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Ryan Braun: Dislike.

#4 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

He's on one of my keeper teams. Today, major like!
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#5 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

The thing that makes this really impressive is that it was at Petco. I hate the guy as much as anyone but that is really hard to do. I'm betting he found a new PED.

#6 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Among all of the reasons to dislike the guy, he's also one of those players that are on the list of Cubs Killers... Those that always seem to have BIG hits against the Cubs, and usually pick the worst times to have them. Of course the list of Cubs Killers numbers several hundred these days...

#7 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Among all of the reasons to dislike the guy, he's also one of those players that are on the list of Cubs Killers... Those that always seem to have BIG hits against the Cubs, and usually pick the worst times to have them. Of course the list of Cubs Killers numbers several hundred these days...

Braun is not particularly "clutch," even against the Cubs. He is particularly good, however: which means that he gets a lot of "big" hits. He's got a great eye, good plate coverage, and he swings to drive the ball at all times. That's a pretty deadly combination of skills.
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Braun is not particularly "clutch," even against the Cubs. He is particularly good, however: which means that he gets a lot of "big" hits. He's got a great eye, good plate coverage, and he swings to drive the ball at all times. That's a pretty deadly combination of skills.

Yeah, and he's a donger!

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, and he's a donger!

And he has herpes. Fact.

#10 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#11 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

And he has herpes. Fact.

I'm not sure that it is a "fact." However, it is the explanation that best fits the available facts (i.e., a single positive result amidst several tests, the very fuzzy, borderline non-explanation for why). It also provides a probable explanation for why he did not inform MLB of the medication: I think that I'd be a bit reticent! (And, of course, unless he knew anything about medicine, he might not have known that herpes meds are designed to alter hormone levels.)

#12 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

And he has herpes. Fact.

I'm not sure that it is a "fact." However, it is the explanation that best fits the available facts (i.e., a single positive result amidst several tests, the very fuzzy, borderline non-explanation for why). It also provides a probable explanation for why he did not inform MLB of the medication: I think that I'd be a bit reticent! (And, of course, unless he knew anything about medicine, he might not have known that herpes meds are designed to alter hormone levels.)

You need to catch up with how things work around here. When I say it's a fact, it's a fact, regardless of the "facts" or the "truth".

#13 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

"You need to catch up with how things work around here. When I say it's a fact, it's a fact, regardless of the "facts" or the "truth""

Uhhh... sounds like a certain wife that I know....

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

So, the guy who overturned the suspension was fired today. Herpe-face MVP gets away with juicing, and the drug tester and the guy who let him off the hook take the fall. This guy is a giant p.o.s.

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

So, the guy who overturned the suspension was fired today. Herpe-face MVP gets away with juicing, and the drug tester and the guy who let him off the hook take the fall. This guy is a giant p.o.s.

Oh. That's just SO fucking great. What a fucking dickhead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).