#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

All right. So let's try this message board thing again.

Welcome to the board, which I hope you'll find to your liking. There are an insane number of bells and whistles that I'm still wrapping my head around, but I'm a big fan so far.

In case you haven't figured it out, this is the place for a little more free-flowing discussions than the blog allows (though I do hope our "comment" discussions will continue), and it's the place for you to start your own discussions, rather than always waiting for an on-point blog post.

A few things:

(1) This board is subject to the Terms of Service, and your continued use means you've agreed to those terms; and

(2) You all know I'm not a fan of heavy-handed moderating. Please don't make me regret that. Let's all be responsible adults and not do things like post illicit or copyrighted material. Let's not get in stupid fights. Let's not call each other names (save where absolutely necessary and/or funny). Let's try to use some semblance of sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation. Help continue making this a place we're all proud of.

(3) You must agree that if you post something really awesome here, I can promote it to the front page of the site (with all appropriate credit), unless you explicitly say, "no way, Brett, don't post this really awesome thing that I wrote!"

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

And a thanks to Toosh, hardtop, and Michigan Goat for doing some last second beta testing. Special props to MG, who went above and beyond, finding an impressive number of things to gripe about. :D

#3 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Damn Brett, email conformation and everything! I hope this lasts longer than 4 hours I think I might just like this. Thanks Brett! :D (smiley library!!)

#4 Karen P

Karen P

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:KarenAnn_P
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

I love the improvements to the site, especially the registration feature. This is quickly becoming my Cubs home-away-from--cubs.com-home. Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

I love the improvements to the site, especially the registration feature. This is quickly becoming my Cubs home-away-from--cubs.com-home. Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

Happy to do it, Karen. If nothing else, I want to make the place more fun for myself!

Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for giving me a reason to demonstrate the "quote" function.

#6 SemperFiCub

SemperFiCub

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

awesome job Brett!! i've never posted on any articles on BN before, but have been following the site for a few months now. i love BN and the sense of humor you bring to it. Cubs fans gotta have that sense of humor... after all, it is the Cubs.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Damn Brett, email conformation and everything! I hope this lasts longer than 4 hours I think I might just like this. Thanks Brett! :D (smiley library!!)

Glad you're enjoy, dreese. I love the avatar.

#8 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Im clever :)

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

awesome job Brett!! i've never posted on any articles on BN before, but have been following the site for a few months now. i love BN and the sense of humor you bring to it. Cubs fans gotta have that sense of humor... after all, it is the Cubs.

Thanks, SFC. I'm not a military man, myself, but I can respect the handle. I dig it.

#10 SemperFiCub

SemperFiCub

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, SFC. I'm not a military man, myself, but I can respect the handle. I dig it.

word!

#11 Lokanna

Lokanna

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Damn it.. I'm user 26. Whoever got 23, GDIAF!! ;) I rarely comment on forums, but I've been a long time reader of BN so I'll lurk and hang out. Hopefully we'll have something happy to discuss in the future rather than this current crop of ... under achievers.

Nice message board system Ace, pretty slick!

#12 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Special props to MG, who went above and beyond, finding an impressive number of things to gripe about. :D

I do but the Bitch in Beta-testing and your welcome, and everybody should follow MichiganGoat on twitter and check out my new blog, The MichiganGoat Rambler- see below for links

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#13 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

This message board > Cubs.com. For reals son.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#14 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ace, the web version of this forum on my iPhone doesn't work. I can see the top level directories of each section, but tapping on any or all leads me to a gray screen. It might by my old-ass iPhone (think it's the 1.5G model), but viewing the non-mobile version is fine.

#15 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Ace, the web version of this forum on my iPhone doesn't work. I can see the top level directories of each section, but tapping on any or all leads me to a gray screen. It might by my old-ass iPhone (think it's the 1.5G model), but viewing the non-mobile version is fine.

Same issue with my iphone 4 - think this is a continuation of the problem with Apple iOS, this should be improved with the upcoming iOS 5.0 update coming out soon.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).