Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Yesterday, 02:36 PM
- Cubs Lose 2013 Rule 5 Draft Pick to Phillies Because of Lendy Castillo Shenanigans
Yesterday, 02:00 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Yesterday, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Has anyone heard how Javier Baez is doing???
Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:21 AM
Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:36 AM
I had similar thoughts. I still think he could wind up at Boise, though, which would be just fine, given his age. I think guys are going to be promoted more slowly now.
He's currently on the roster for Boise, but I wouldn't read too much into that. My sense of it is that he has not look as advanced as the Cubs were hoping. I'd not be surprised if he began his pro career in the Rookie League instead of Boise. That would allow the Cubs to drop Marco Hernandez back to Boise to play short. Darvill would take over at short in Peoria, opening third for... someone. Geiger, most likely, but I wouldn't rule out Amaya or Candelario (though he is a long shot).
(Moving this to the prospect forum.)
Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:12 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).