#1 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

So he keeps hitting and rizzo gets called.

Would it make more sense to keep him long term? The DH is getting closer and by 2013 about half of the games the cubs play the dh is used(de
pending on schedule) the other games he is on the field.

This is were determining his future trade value comes in. Do we trade him this year? Offseason? Next year? Or keep him?

I don't want to get ahead of myself but just thinking we might have the next Jose Bautista makes want to keep him.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Even when his BABIP falls back to earth, he still takes a lot of pitches, and has good at bats almost every time. That is something we can't even say about Starlin Castro right now. I really hope he succeeds and it's with the Cubs, because I think he's been a positive influence on the team and sets a good example for guys who might be struggling early in their careers.

#3 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

The new schedule (probably) will not be increasing the number of games that the Cubs play in AL parks, so they won't need a DH more than they do this year.

As for his trade value, that's probably about nil right now. Teams can get Vlad or Abreu for no prospects at all right now. Heck, I think that Damon is still available. With the new CBA, those guys have to look a lot better than LaHair.
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

If Sori keeps playing the way he's playing there's no choice but to bench him and put him in LF. Maybe LaHair isn't so great out there but his bat could make up for it.

#5 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

The new schedule (probably) will not be increasing the number of games that the Cubs play in AL parks, so they won't need a DH more than they do this year.

As for his trade value, that's probably about nil right now. Teams can get Vlad or Abreu for no prospects at all right now. Heck, I think that Damon is still available. With the new CBA, those guys have to look a lot better than LaHair.

Damon actually signed with the Indians about 2 weeks ago

But yea, you're totally correct on his trade value. And even if there weren't other good options available, one month of great hitting isn't going to make him worth much. If he hits .290/.370/.550 this year, though, there will absolutely be teams looking to take him on. I personally think the Rangers would be a good fit for him, since Mitch Moreland continues to prove that he is not an MLB 1st baseman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).