BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Late breaking news out of South Bend... http://www.southbend...0,7930931.story

Early this morning (1am), last years' starting QB Tommy Rees and starting LB Carlo Calabrese were arrested and Rees is still in the St. Jospeph County Jail, as this is being typed. Calabrese, who was able to bond-out just before 4:00am, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a much lighter charge than what Rees faces. Rees is charged with public intoxication, resisting law encorcement, minor consumption and battery to law enforcement, which is a felony. Rees had to be pepper-sprayed, before he was taken away.

I guess this is going to make Brian Kelly's starting quarterback selection a little easier. I've said all along that the QB should be Andrew Hendrix, but for some reason Kelly continues to march Rees onto the field with the first unit.

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

"In an attempt to get away, Trent says Rees knocked an officer over and kneed him in the stomach."

They are the Fighting Irish aren't they? I guess he got a little whiskey bent and hell bound.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

You're not even supposed to drink there or some shit like that. He's mostly going to get in serious trouble because he was no longer expected to be the starting QB. If he were still the man, I'm thinking this blows over.

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Michael Floyd got into trouble multiple times while there, too, for alcohol related problems. It's def a dry campus - no Greek life, either. I think he'll still be given the benefit of the doubt. Lots of ND fans are actually happy about this haha

And by benefit of the doubt I mean probably no significant jail time. I'd expect the felony to get knocked down.

#5 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

He should have gone to UW-Madison. They have a beer garden on campus

PS you misspelled it. it's "Notre Lame"

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

I don't see how this is really trouble. Rees shouldn't be the starter, so that might actually help the team. In my opinion the backup linebackers are better than Calabrese, so that's not really much of a hit either if they both get suspended. The bigger problems are going to be finding guys to step in for what Tee Sheppard and Aaron Lynch were supposed to do this year. I know ND is a dry campus, but teenagers getting drunk and running from cops is hardly something to be overly concerned over.

#7 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

On the local news, it was said that Rees was trying to run from the scene when he was apprehended. We always knew that he couldn't run worth crap!

I'm wondering if he dropped anything when he was grabbed... he has a habbit of fumbling things when he's tackled.

For some reason, the felony charge has been reduced to misdemeanor. I guess it pays to be an athlete in a college town!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).