#286 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Dale Sveum obviously does not understand how to manage a pitching staff. Why Marmol is still closing is beyond me. That better have been his last outing. Also, every single time he tries to get more than an inning from Dolis, he can't do it. He's an excellent one inning pitcher. that's all. pathetic. just pathetic.

#287 Cyranojoe

Cyranojoe

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is why we are a last place team. He should have been pulled after the two walks.

I wish this was the only reason. Marmol and poor coaching decisions have not lost us 15 games.

#288 gratefulled

gratefulled

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationHome of the I-Cubs

It's amazing how happy I was just an hour ago compared to my mood now. I gotta put the Cub pipe down and clean myself up. I'm gonna stop watching the Cubs for a while.

#289 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Cappy and Hollandsworth are going off on Dale.

#290 JCubs79

JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'm seriously at the point where I may start writing hand written letters to Epstein, Hoyer and Sevum until they get rid of Marmol.

#291 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

This is why we are a last place team. He should have been pulled after the two walks.

I'd have pulled him after the first walk... he threw ONE strike in that first at bat! ONE! THAT, my friend is a good indication to any REASONABLY inteligent manager that it is time to make a pitcher change!

#292 A_Mazz_Ing

A_Mazz_Ing

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:a_mazz_ing

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

He shouldn't have even been out there. Use Dolis and Russell as a committee. The age of closers are long gone. Who the F cares about a single guy getting 45 saves or two guys combining for it? Use the best damn pitcher and that sure as hell isn't Marmol.

#293 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

It's amazing how happy I was just an hour ago compared to my mood now. I gotta put the Cub pipe down and clean myself up. I'm gonna stop watching the Cubs for a while.

Well, Edouardo, there's always tomorrow.

#294 A_Mazz_Ing

A_Mazz_Ing

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Let us know if they say anything good. I can't even stomach to watch the post game. Why the F does Dempster even try? The guy has an ERA that's right around 1 and can't buy a win.

#295 JCubs79

JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Let us know if they say anything good. I can't even stomach to watch the post game. Why the F does Dempster even try? The guy has an ERA that's right around 1 and can't buy a win.

Their tearing him apart right now. Hopefully he will get it. I like Sveum a lot but leaving Marmol in is unacceptable.

#296 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

THIS loss hurts... we saw some of the batting come alive... Dempster comes back from the DL and looks absolutely MARVELOUS... get a three run lead... then Marmol (pronounced SHIT) happens...

Honestly, I will not watch another Cubs game as long as Sveum continues to back Marmol and trundle his sorry ass out onto the field. Can't stomach this shit any more. It's EMBARRASSING to be a Cubs fan with this kind of shit happening every fuckin' game!

#297 A_Mazz_Ing

A_Mazz_Ing

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

My gf has hated him from day one. "You can't walk that many guys". "Does he even know where the ball's going?". And for once, she's right about something sports related.

#298 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Win loses to a pitcher does not matter. This is the perfect example.

#299 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

My Tweet got mentioned on post game live!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).