Wistah!

#47 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

But please, can we start hitting homers with runners on? That would be greeeaaat.

Got to have men on base before the home runs. Agressive base running has wiped them out.

#48 MaxM1908

MaxM1908

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Twitter:legalcubbieblue

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

LaHair's a phenomenal story. I would like to know more about how a guy like that continues to get lost/stuck/forgotten in the minor leagues. What's the deal?

Well, let's remember the season is still early. I have my fingers crossed that he can keep performing at 80% of this level the whole season. He could just be on an extraordinary hot streak to be followed by a massive slump once pitchers figure out and exploit his weaknesses.

#49 Andy2712

Andy2712

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:@andyrussell299
  • LocationLombard, IL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

LaHair's a phenomenal story. I would like to know more about how a guy like that continues to get lost/stuck/forgotten in the minor leagues. What's the deal?

Well, let's remember the season is still early. I have my fingers crossed that he can keep performing at 80% of this level the whole season. He could just be on an extraordinary hot streak to be followed by a massive slump once pitchers figure out and exploit his weaknesses.

I'd like to believe he doesn't have a weakness and he is the left handed power hitter Lou Pinella kept looking for, we just found him a couple years too late

#50 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

They would have found by now. He will go into his own funk as all hitters do.

#51 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

FUCKING JOEY VOTTO

#52 JB88

JB88

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

It seems like a lot of Cubs pitchers are pitching quickly this year. Wonder if that is Boz's influence, though, for the life of me I can't remember his style when he was pitching.

#53 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

He's hit everywhere he's played. Look at his MiLB stats--he's a professional hitter, always has been. How did a team as bad as the Mariners--who have a DH spot available to them--consistently overlook LaHair?
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#54 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'd like to believe he doesn't have a weakness and he is the left handed power hitter Lou Pinella kept looking for, we just found him a couple years too late

^^I also choose to believe this.
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#55 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

It seems like a lot of Cubs pitchers are pitching quickly this year. Wonder if that is Boz's influence, though, for the life of me I can't remember his style when he was pitching.

Boz & Sev said early in spring they wanted to get pitchers to work quickly to keep fielders in game.

#56 thoskam

thoskam

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:thoskam

Is there an official nickname for LaHair yet? If not I nominate "LaBomba"

#57 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Is there an official nickname for LaHair yet? If not I nominate "LaBomba"

Come August, I expect it'll be "LaAfterthought"

#58 Spoda17

Spoda17

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Twitter:@Spoda17

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Brett, twitter is pretty active today, as I see is the message board... a lot of activity for a Thursday day game... and a great game to boot!

#59 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

And this is where Dempster's 1 HR/game comes in, right?

#60 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Mistah Wistah Lahayah. But it isn't official...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).