Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Report: Cubs Talking to Marlins About Logan Morrison
Today, 09:10 AM
- Starlin Castro Back to the Leadoff Spot? And Other Bullets
Today, 08:31 AM
- Cubs to Meet with Jeff Samardzija’s Agents Today – Some Logical Inferences Follow
Today, 06:54 AM
- Tuesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Tanaka, Storen, Clippard, Russell, Choo, Mulder, More
Yesterday, 08:31 PM
- Jeff Samardzija Bits: Diamondbacks Still In? Blue Jays? Any Offers on the Table?
Yesterday, 07:26 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:49 AM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:02 PM
He's gonna be a solid major league player IMO. Will probably see some 20-20 years but he does everything very well. and I'm looking forward to seeing him up in the big leagues. Needs to cut down on his strike out though a lot.
I was wondering what everyone in the know's thoughts are on B Jax. Personally, I have never seen him play and by all accounts he is a patient hitter, who does a lot well and nothing great. I know he K's a ton, and also has a good make up. But I was looking up his minor league #'s and they look pretty pedestrian. What are your thoughts??
Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:44 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:29 PM
Cutting down on the K's isnt as simple as it may seem. Him consciously trying to make more contact will almost certainly have a negative effect on his OPS; Trying to make more contact will create more weak contact and cause him to not work the count as deep as he does, leading to less walks.
IF he can maintain his current K rate (something like 23%) I have no problem with it, especially coming from the leadoff hitter.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users