#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yesterday, as I usually do every Saturday, I listened to Bruce Levine's Talkin' Baseball, on AM1000. Also as usual, I was only able to grab bits and pieces of the show as I ran errands and such. I caught the tail-end of a discussion on Garza's future with the Cubs. Bruce was commenting that Garza is probably the most valuable piece of the organization, and thus a likely candidate for Theo to peddle in the hopes of garnering future prospects. Bruce said that Garza would probably command FOUR top prospects.

From what he was saying, I unfortunately have to think that it's highly likely that we will be losing Garza at or before the Trade Deadline. I had hopes that we'd be able to retain his services, but I'm guess that what Theo can get in return for Garza is pointing the direction.

On a side note, Levine was asked about the Cubs perhaps bundling Marmol along with Garza. Levine stated that should Marmol become part of a bundle, the number of prospects to expect in return for Garza / Marmol would most likely be two... yeah, thats 4 prospects for just Garza, 2 when you throw in Marmol. I think there'd be a joke there somewhere, but I'm pressed to find any humor in that!

#2 Segal27

Segal27

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Segal27
  • LocationBuffalo Grove

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Oh Bruce you are a silly one

OH MAH GAWD 100 POSTS! wooohoo

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Rookie

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Rookie

You better be careful. You're fixin' to get passed.

#5 TrueblueCubbie

TrueblueCubbie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:@cubsfantroy

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I don't want to see Garza go. With Demp on the tail end of his career and more than likely done after this year, we need a number 1 type pitcher. To me, that pitcher is Garza. He could easily be an 18 to 20 game winner if he had some run support.

Posted Image

#6 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Theo has been burnt too many times with long term no trade contracts. I think he has become shy in sucumming to Garzas contract demand of the no trade clause. As a Cub fan I would love to see him rotation a long time. I see Garsa's future in another MLB uniform.

#7 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

I don't want to see Garza go. With Demp on the tail end of his career and more than likely done after this year, we need a number 1 type pitcher. To me, that pitcher is Garza. He could easily be an 18 to 20 game winner if he had some run support.

I agree... I would HATE to see Garza moved. I understand the thinking, but I sure don't have to agree with it. He's a great good pitcher and an excellent team mate (based upon appearances, any way)... He will be sorely missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).