JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Anyone else worried that Garza is quickly losing any Blockbuster Trade Mojo (copyright pending) with these last two starts. We are asking (and should only accept) for a huge return, and although I'm sure other teams don't see two bad starts as greatly impacting their evaluation, it has to be leverage they can use when negotiating. At this point I'm not expecting a trade or an extension.

No it's only two starts. He'll be fine. Plus he's a pitcher and pitchers always have more value.

#18 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Just sayin' but Koyie Hill caught his last two games.... HMMMMMMMMMM

Didn't Sveum say something about using his 4th best pitch too much and not his fastball? Could Hill be calling the game for the "old" Garza and not the new and improved Ace?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#19 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Just sayin' but Koyie Hill caught his last two games.... HMMMMMMMMMM

Didn't Sveum say something about using his 4th best pitch too much and not his fastball? Could Hill be calling the game for the "old" Garza and not the new and improved Ace?

Garza was shaking off Hill like crazy so I'm not sure I'm willing to put that on Hill just yet. Although, it could just be that Garza doesn't trust him. Not sure, it could go either way I guess.

#20 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

I wouldn't trust him either... ha. Is there a stat that monitors the ERA of a catcher?

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I wouldn't trust him either... ha. Is there a stat that monitors the ERA of a catcher?

Yeah. CERA, but I believe most stat heads poop on it.

#22 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

How about the phillies. With halladay injured i think they might be interested. I know they got pitching but both lee and hallway are getting old.

#23 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Anyone else worried that Garza is quickly losing any Blockbuster Trade Mojo (copyright pending) with these last two starts. We are asking (and should only accept) for a huge return, and although I'm sure other teams don't see two bad starts as greatly impacting their evaluation, it has to be leverage they can use when negotiating. At this point I'm not expecting a trade or an extension.

No. Mlb Gm's allready who and what Garza is. Garza could poop his pants and I don't think it would matter unless it is injury related.

#24 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

No. Mlb Gm's allready who and what Garza is. Garza could poop his pants and I don't think it would matter unless it is injury related.

An injury-related pooping of the pants?
And that's a bad miss...

#25 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I read somewhere today that if Garza was heading to Boston that Will Millowbrooks would have to be included.

#26 chirogerg1

chirogerg1

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

It seems to me that everyone's opinions of Jacob Turner are very low. He struggling a little, but some of that has to do with jumping directly from High A to AAA and he's only 21! At his age, he can spend another entire season in AAA and still be in the bigs full-time at 23. He is for sure a No. 2/3 starter, possibly even a No. 1 in the NL Central. He probably won't be as good as Garza, but it's tough to compare the two since they are completely different pitchers. Garza is a strikeout artist and Turner is more of a pitch-to-contact guy. Once Turner cuts down on his AAA walk rate, he could be a very very good NL pitcher. On top of that, Castellanos was just promoted to AA after destroying the FSL, and he could be a potential all-star.

I think Garza for Turner and Castellanos would be a great deal, almost a steal for the Cubs.

#27 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

I would do flips just for Castellanos

#28 NathanDonald13

NathanDonald13

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Is this realistic?
Cubs: Garza and DeJesus(Maybe Filler)
for
Angels: Trout,Trumbo, and Wells

#29 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Is this realistic?

Angels: Trout,

No.

The Angels are not moving Trout. I don't think the Cubs could put together a realistic package that would lure Trout out of Anaheim.

#30 TrueblueCubbie

TrueblueCubbie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:@cubsfantroy

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Is this realistic?
Cubs: Garza and DeJesus(Maybe Filler)
for
Angels: Trout,Trumbo, and Wells

The only one on the list for the Angels that would get moved is Wells. Cubs would have to take on 90% of his salary as well. Trumbo and Trout, I would say, are untouchable.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).