Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

What programming would you like to see in the new Cubs Television Network?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

It's not here yet, but it's coming. What shows would you like to see in the future Cubs Television Network?

The White Sox already have their own 24 hour sports network; Comcast Soxnet Chicago.

I'm tired of watching Comcast lead with the Sox every night.

#2 Alex

Alex

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

I'd like to see a Cubs Affiliates Minor League Game of the Week and a nightly Minor League wrap up show.

I think it would be great to watch how the Cubs prospects are performing in Iowa, Tennessee, Daytona, Peoria, Boise and other minor league outlets.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Minor league coverage would absolutely be great - not just games, but studio shows on the minor league teams and prospects.

There's only so much yammering you can do about the big league club.

If I may be so self-interested, they should also consider a blogger's roundtable type show; or even a solely blog-produced show. It's not like I think I'm the shit, but blogs like BN are successful for a reason. Why not tap into that in the television medium?

#4 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Why not tap into that in the television medium?

Because when you Google "typical blogger" you see this:
Posted Image

Would you tune in to that?

#5 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

But really, I'd love minor league coverage and maybe something like The Franchise. Oh, and a reality singing competition with Simon Cowell as a judge.

Or just the first two.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Why not tap into that in the television medium?

Because when you Google "typical blogger" you see this:
Posted Image

Would you tune in to that?

How did you get my picture?

#7 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Stick Brett in front of a camera for at least an hour a day, and have him deliver short, informative stories regarding the Cubs' recent play.

Also, Brett, you're dead on, and if the Cubs wanted to save a lot on production costs, give two or three blogs the reigns to an hour long, twice weekly segment about how the "regular fan" sees the team (and pray to all that is holy that Al Yellon isnt involved) I absolutely believe fans would watch their favorite bloggers discuss the team. Maybe a Chicago Tribune Tonight type show, but with webcams and a few popular bloggers.

Other things I'd like to see:
-Give WGN a cut of the profits in exchange for all their game film from the last few decades, show classic games very often
-Give Ryan Dempster a show, so he can display how funny it is. bury it in the 2:30-2:38 am slot
-As many minor league games as is possible
-Weekly half hour shows with each coach, who can discuss their hitting/pitching/crazy nickname invention philosophies. I would love to hear Rudy Jaramillo talk about his craft
-At least once per week, game film of the top 10-20 prospects, and lots of it.

#8 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

Furthering my point.....

Posted Image

#9 Alex

Alex

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

Minor league coverage would absolutely be great - not just games, but studio shows on the minor league teams and prospects.

There's only so much yammering you can do about the big league club.

If I may be so self-interested, they should also consider a blogger's roundtable type show; or even a solely blog-produced show. It's not like I think I'm the shit, but blogs like BN are successful for a reason. Why not tap into that in the television medium?

I think that would be a great idea. Bloggers come up with a lot of great content. With Social Media growing as fast as it is, it would be a fantastic addition with fresh perspectives.

#10 Alex

Alex

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

I would also like to watch a biography type of show. There are a lot of great Cubs in history that people should know more about. Players like Kiki Cuyler, Stan Hack, Phil Cavaretta, Three Finger Brown, Hack Wilson, Cap Anson etc...

There is a lot of love given to the Banks, Santo, Williams, Sandberg and Maddux and rightfully so. I would like to see some other Cubs greats get their due as well.

#11 Bails17

Bails17

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMiddlebury, IN

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

How about a Miss Wrigleyville pageant? They could make it a reality TV show where we see how many bars these gals can hit up night after night while chugging down Old Style and participating in a Wet Cubs T-Shirt Contest. I would tune in for that.

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Furthering my point.....

Posted Image

Son of a bitch...

#13 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

How about a Miss Wrigleyville pageant? They could make it a reality TV show where we see how many bars these gals can hit up night after night while chugging down Old Style and participating in a Wet Cubs T-Shirt Contest. I would tune in for that.

Yeah, I'd say that would get a few viewers.

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

I want a Cubs sitcom starring Don Zimmer, Sammy Sosa, and Domingo Ramos. Jody Davis and Jeff Pico will be guest stars.

#15 Alex

Alex

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

I want a Cubs sitcom starring Don Zimmer, Sammy Sosa, and Domingo Ramos. Jody Davis and Jeff Pico will be guest stars.

With Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers, as The Beaver.

Also have Quade as the nutty neighbor. His nicknames like Zimmie, Sose, Dommie, Davie and Peek would be priceless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).