Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

LaHair to LF, Maybe. But why not 3B......

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BluBlud

BluBlud

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

So now that LaHair is a Super Hero, I have been trying to figure out how the Cubs could field their best lineup once Rizzo and(if) Jackson is called up. We know Rizzo will take the post at 1B, so where does that leave Lahair. Many have suggested left field. Im suggesting 3B. Lahair has actually look pretty good fielding at 1st, so why couldn't he do it at third. I know there are more Right handed pull hitters then lefty pull hitters in baseball, meaning he'll see more balls but it might work. Move Stewart to 2nd and Barney to the bench, and the Cubs might have a pretty good lineup. It worked with Cabrera.

1B Rizzo
2B Stewart
3B LaHair
SS Castro

Outfield:

Campana
Dejesus
Jaskson

At which ever spots Dale chooses to play them at.

Bench

Soriano
Mather
Barney
Cardenas
Johnson

What y'all think.
JayAndersonJr

#2 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

This is certainly a good example of thinking outside the box. Not sure that this is the best option though (mostly cause Lahair is left-handed).

But hey, while we're outside of the box, how about Lahair at second? I know his range would be awful, but I did something like this in a video game once (a team full of slow, power hitting firstbasemen at every position) and I'm pretty sure I went undefeated...

#3 BluBlud

BluBlud

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

This is certainly a good example of thinking outside the box. Not sure that this is the best option though (mostly cause Lahair is left-handed).

But hey, while we're outside of the box, how about Lahair at second? I know his range would be awful, but I did something like this in a video game once (a team full of slow, power hitting firstbasemen at every position) and I'm pretty sure I went undefeated...

LaHair hits lefty, but he throws right handed.
JayAndersonJr

#4 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Whoa, really? Haha, never noticed that. Ok, then yea, maybe!

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Whoa, really? Haha, never noticed that. Ok, then yea, maybe!

But he moves like a planted tree, and he's got a persnickety back. Strongly doubt he could play third. He at least played a fair bit of OF in the minors.

#6 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Left field, since he'd be involved in few plays per game, might even be easier on his back than first base.

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Left field, since he'd be involved in few plays per game, might even be easier on his back than first base.

Did I miss something? Is his back injury something that is chronic?
Not that type of chronic TWC!

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Really can't recall who has been saying it so sorry I have no reference, but someone on XM has been saying 3rd base is harder to play than SS.

#9 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Really can't recall who has been saying it so sorry I have no reference, but someone on XM has been saying 3rd base is harder to play than SS.

I wouldn't say harder, I would say it is a different skill set.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#10 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

3B you need better reflexes since the ball comes to you quicker SS you need better range

#11 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think his feet are too slow for third, and left is an obvious spot for him since he has played quite a few games there. We pretty much already know where LaHair is headed. The real question is what moves are going to be made when Brett Jackson is finally ready. If Campana is still hitting well, and LaHair is already in left after Rizzo is called up, is Campana still the odd guy out, or is DeJesus going to be moved?

#12 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

As much as I like Tony C I just dont see him being anything more than a 4th outfielder on our team if Lahair moves to LF and Bjax starts raking in the majors. Dejesus is a solid leadoff man and Campana would have to beat his OBP which at this point seems like a hard thing for little Tony to do. Also I dont know about Tony's arm in RF. I have doubts that if someone takes off for third if he would be able to make the throw there but I am always open to be proved wrong if it makes the team better.

#13 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

If Theo & Co™ aren't shopping LaHair right now, I would be seriously shocked. Rizzo has been their guy since the takeover. You can see how anemic our offense is without him right now, but the problem is: when you trade LaHair, Rizzo takes over the same spot in the batting lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).