#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

The Bulls were eliminated from post season play last night... yeah, that's right... the number ONE seated team with the best record in the LEAGUE was ousted by the number eight seed. Sure, the Bulls played the series without their MVP, Derrick Rose for all but a few minutes of the first game, in addition to being without Joakim Noah for the last three games. Not to mention Luol Deng has been playing through pain because of a wrist injury that will require surgery in the off-season. However, they STILL should have been able to dismiss the lowly 76-ers!

Admittedly, I was disappointed in the Bulls' overall performance, and their early departure. I take some solace in knowing that even if the Bulls had won as they should have, they probably wouldn't have been able to compete in the second round against the Celtics, without their star players. Perhaps Noah might've been able to come back for that series, but even with him, their odds were pretty slim.

At least there's NEXT year.. Not really, the Bulls will be Rose-less and Deng-less for the first few months of next season. There are also a lot of question marks to deal with. Carlos Boozer... he is not playing to the level the Bulls expected when they picked him up a few years ago. Kyle Korver, pretty much disappeared in the series against Phillidelphia, along with Boozer. CJ Watson looked like he didn't belong on the court; looked like he didn't know how to play the position nor run the offense.

The Bulls appear to STILL be a few pieces shy of having a team that can truly challenge for another championship. Let's hope Paxson can pulls off some deals!

#2 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'll be honest...Last night made me extremely happy. Go Pacers!!! Beat the Heat!

#3 Robbo

Robbo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Time to re-tool this team. Need to re sign Asik and extend Taj. Pax and Gar have some tough roster decisions. Rough finish, but now I agree w butler dawgs...go pacers, beat the heat. Can't stand those euro soccer floppers from south beach

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Time to re-tool this team. Need to re sign Asik and extend Taj. Pax and Gar have some tough roster decisions. Rough finish, but now I agree w butler dawgs...go pacers, beat the heat. Can't stand those euro soccer floppers from south beach

you wanna resign Asik? Even after his debacle last game? I'm not a Bulls fan at all, but I think he blows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).