#16 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

So. Anyone wanna change their mind about anything they said in here?

#17 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, well I'll still watch them but in won't like it

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#18 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

I don't watch them, I put them on the radio in the background and turn it up if it's interesting

#19 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

They are currently unwatchable. Well, you can watch them if you keep a vomit bucket next to you at all times.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#20 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

After the sweep by the Sox... (and by the Phillies, and by the Brewers) ... that faint glimmer of hope that was present in the back of my mind has been thoroughly doused.

How many more months until the Bears report to camp?!!

On the bright side, I guess I won't be tempted to waste any time or money going all the way to Chicago for a baseball game this year.

#21 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

No, Spencer, I don't want to change what I said. But I sure as hell understand your asking. I haven't been a Cubs fan before this year, but this sure feels familiar.

"I've never been there but the brochure looks nice
Jump in, let's go
Lay back, enjoy the show
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low,
These are the days when anything goes"

baseball--trying to not get too low.Posted Image

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

In this current stretch, I've slipped into morbid curiosity as a reason to watch - how many more can they lose in a row? how many more innings will they be shut out by the starting pitcher? how many times will Matt Garza throw the ball straight down?

#23 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Losing sucks but lets face it weve all experienced this before and it was expected. What bothers me the most is seeing the division so winnable and my team being the bottom feeder team.

#24 Cubs Dude

Cubs Dude

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Everyone knew this was gonna be a rough year, but it doesn't make it any easier. No doubt the farm system needed rebuilt and the overall philosophy revamped. But man this team is rough to watch at times.. Baseball seasons are sooooo long. It's not like you have an NFL team who plays 16 games a year and they go 4 and 12 and your done. We have this for a 162 games! I really hope they continue to fix the farm system AND SPEND this offseason. Please spend this offseason!

#25 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I think what really sucks is that for the last several months, I've looked forward to this season - just like every other season, even realizing it is a "rebuilding" year. Now I see the product that is on the field and it's worse than I'd anticipated. Moronically, I still get excited for the games, even though I know it will most likely be a let down. What's the alternative? I can't just "not watch" and NEXT year is a long way in the future.

There ARE some positives that we've seen, and the future looks brighter, but how long will it take before we see a HUGE improvement? I like to think that NEXT year, we will start to realize some of the fruits of Theo and Co's labor. I am hoping that next year, there will be enough talent to at least contend for the division. I hate the thought of yet another year looking at the Cubs in the bottom of the division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).