T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

First one to offer me a 2nd round draft pick for Jimmy Rollins (#3 SS) gets one of the following as well:

Dayan Viciedo
Yasmani Grandal
10th Round Pick

First one to offer me a 4th round pick for Liriano (I've explained why he's worth that on fleaflicker: gets one of:

Carlos Lee
9th Round Pick
Drew Smyly
In addition to one of the players listed above.

First one to offer me a 5th round pick for Ike Davis (De Aza went for a 5th rounder this year, Davis has been absolutely killing it since June 1) gets one of the following:

Drew Smyly
9th round pick
Yasmani Grandal

Buy together and you get discounts:

Rollins + Davis = 2nd +7th
Rollins + Liriano = 2nd + 4th, and get my 7th in return instead of my 9th
All three = 2nd +4th + 8th, and we'll discuss an assortment of players to be thrown in by me as well

#47 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Also, would it kill ya'll to at least hit the reject button when you see a trade you don't want, or let me know if you're thinking it over if you are?

#48 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

To repeat from the BNFL Boards:

Asdrubal Cabrera is for sale, and I am primarily looking for draft picks. I would consider a more creative deal, but I'm not likely to be interested in a trade that does not improve me for next season. I have had a lot of offers for Cabrera this season; now's your chance.

I took Cabrera in the fourth in the 2012 draft. After we subtract out the keepers, that should equate to a first or second in the 2013 draft. That's not a demand, but that is something I will be considering when I evaluate offers.

I still have plenty of potential keepers and will listen to offers for guys like Morse, Headley, Parker, Teheran, Bauer, Betancourt, and V-Mart. I'd be willing to talk about any of them up until the 2013 draft. I'll probably keep some of those guys, but I'll listen to offers on any of them.

I know the trade deadline is looming, though. If you let me know that you want a deal to get through before the deadline, I'll try to help you out.

#49 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

All of my pitchers not named Wainright or Weaver are up for sale.

I was tempted to keep Brandon Mccarthy before getting Weaver. He's an ace. And Fister is getting his shit going to post-break. I also have Tommy Hansen and Matt Harvey, maybe not keepers, but could be difference makers in the playoffs for you.

I'm only looking for draft picks though.

I've also got Ryan Howard and Justin Morneau (hot fire lately), Will Middlebrooks, Colby Rasmus and Salvador Perez (22 year old stud catcher for Kansas City, check his stats).

I wish we could keep 7, because I'd love to keep Perez and McCarthy/Fister for next season.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#50 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I would love to keep seven.

#51 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Are there any buyers at the deadline this year? Or is everyone in sell mode now?

#52 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

I was just about to ask that myself. Looks like all the winners are set with their rosters as they are now and all the losers are content with the keepers they have. I can't help but wonder who some of the owners are planning to keep though. I'm not counting five worth keeping on some rosters. Not even four on a couple.

#53 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

There really aren't any buyers, and that seems to be a little... strange.

#54 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm really surprised so many people are already looking to next year. and this trend started a couple weeks ago. maybe this is common in keeper leagues though; i've never done one before so idk.

#55 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I was gutted by injuries and fell behind three games in my division, that was my cue to look to next year. With a completely healthy roster I might have been able to sweep the second round of divisional play, but that wasn't the hand I was dealt.

I'm trying not to tank, though. It probably looks like I am since I had Clevenger, Valbuena, and Juirjens in my lineup this week, but I'm really not.

#56 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

5 keepers per team = 120 total

In my opinion, the top 100 players from this year should all be kept, with a few top prospects, and some players that are clearly underperforming this year due to time missed due to injury (ie- Kemp, Tulo, Longo, etc.).

Yet, I have 2 players in the top 80 on my team who simply are not in my top 5 (Freeman and Rollins), and another player I think is deserving as a top "prospect" in Frazier. Make me a deal (either a 2 for 1 involving a better keeper, or draft picks), for any of these guys, or my other keepers, so that I can hold on to them. These players should not go back into the draft pool.

#57 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Are they keeping Frazier in the lineup once Votto returns?

#58 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Are they keeping Frazier in the lineup once Votto returns?

No official word, but I'd guess Rolen's going to be Wally Pipped when Votto comes back. At the least, they'll split the playing time between them. But Rolen isn't signed through next year, so I'm sure they'll hand Frazier the starting job come spring training.

#59 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Alright folks, I traded for Sabathia today to go with Wainwright and Weaver.

That leaves two spots for three SOLID pitchers. I need to move one ASAP.

Doug Fister
Brandon McCarthy
Tommy Hansen

I'm not asking for a lot. Just a draft pick or two. They could probably be upgrades as keepers for some. Definitely solid options for those still in contention. I don't have a 3rd or 8th round pick, and I'm not saying that's the price, but keep that in mind. I could even move two of them if the price is right. Get in on this! I can't stand having great players on my bench, it kills me when they outperform the guy I started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).