Series Internetz-view: Cubs vs Reds 4/18/14 - 4/20/14
miggy80 - Today, 10:05 AM
Cubs v. Yankees - April 16, 2014 (TV: CSN, WGN, MLBN)
Brett - Apr 16 2014 08:51 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Pre-Gamin’: Reds v. Cubs (1:20 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 10:56 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Tom Ricketts Reiterates that Moving is Not the Preference
Today, 10:09 AM
- Observations from Taking in the Kane County Cougars Live in Dayton
Today, 09:01 AM
- Series Preview: Reds v. Cubs, April 18 – April 20, 2014
Today, 08:20 AM
- Top Cubs Execs Scout a Couple Top Draft Prospects and Other Bullets
Today, 07:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Phillies v. Cubs - May 17, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:28 PM
Pitching for his MLB position tonight. Alot of pressure
Volstad's stuck in his head. That poor guy looks flustered.
I know. On the one hand, I feel bad for him. On the other hand, I wouldn't ask him to take the ball in the playoffs if that's the kind of response we see here. So maybe, if it doesn't work out, he can be effective in relief.
I do think starters are more likely to become effective relievers because they have more time/ABs/innings to develop pitches against ML hitters, and often have a third or fourth pitch to employ. I could see Volstad being a good reliever: 4 good innings, one bad one, 4 good ones, one bad one...in baseball that's par for the course.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).