Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Mayor and Alderman Want Cubs to Start Work, City May Be Pushing Rooftops
Today, 08:44 AM
- Ron Coomer Gets the Radio Gig and Other Bullets
Today, 07:36 AM
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Phillies v. Cubs - May 17, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:28 PM
Pitching for his MLB position tonight. Alot of pressure
Volstad's stuck in his head. That poor guy looks flustered.
I know. On the one hand, I feel bad for him. On the other hand, I wouldn't ask him to take the ball in the playoffs if that's the kind of response we see here. So maybe, if it doesn't work out, he can be effective in relief.
I do think starters are more likely to become effective relievers because they have more time/ABs/innings to develop pitches against ML hitters, and often have a third or fourth pitch to employ. I could see Volstad being a good reliever: 4 good innings, one bad one, 4 good ones, one bad one...in baseball that's par for the course.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).