Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Yesterday, 02:36 PM
- Cubs Lose 2013 Rule 5 Draft Pick to Phillies Because of Lendy Castillo Shenanigans
Yesterday, 02:00 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Yesterday, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Phillies v. Cubs - May 17, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:28 PM
Pitching for his MLB position tonight. Alot of pressure
Volstad's stuck in his head. That poor guy looks flustered.
I know. On the one hand, I feel bad for him. On the other hand, I wouldn't ask him to take the ball in the playoffs if that's the kind of response we see here. So maybe, if it doesn't work out, he can be effective in relief.
I do think starters are more likely to become effective relievers because they have more time/ABs/innings to develop pitches against ML hitters, and often have a third or fourth pitch to employ. I could see Volstad being a good reliever: 4 good innings, one bad one, 4 good ones, one bad one...in baseball that's par for the course.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).