Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

White Sox v. Cubs - May 19, 2012 (TV: FOX)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#16 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Demp seems to be in a "settling-in" phase. Hope he gets to that "I'm the boss of all of you" stage. And of course, that the Cubs bats wake up from their anemic state.

#17 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Much better location. everything down.

#18 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Danks cant find the strike zone

#19 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Demp is having trouble. He seems to wants to fine cut the plate edges for strikes, but can't do it---- and then when he gets behind, he has to serve it up on a hit-me platter. Hope he finds his groove.....

Several of those "fine" pitches have been strikes though according to Gameday.

Question: Did the ump's call match what gameday showed?

Nope, doesn't mean he was right. I'm a big proponent of letting computers call balls and strikes going forward. They tend to be much more consistent.

#20 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Where was that first pitch to Dunn?

#21 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Apparently there is no such thing as a called strike when Dunn hits. For fucks sake.

#22 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Fuckin' Viciedo bandit. He lucked out.

#23 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Demp hung one at the belt.

#24 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Fuckin' Dempster. One time.....a mistake. Twice (back-to-back) not a mistake.

#25 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yeah he did, but damn that ball carried really well. It would be nice to see some of our hitters take advantage of that for a change.

#26 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Demp is having trouble. He seems to wants to fine cut the plate edges for strikes, but can't do it---- and then when he gets behind, he has to serve it up on a hit-me platter. Hope he finds his groove.....

Nope, doesn't mean he was right. I'm a big proponent of letting computers call balls and strikes going forward. They tend to be much more consistent.

Yeah.....well in this day-n-age, the technology can accurately see what someone has hidden up their butt. Do we want that for baseball? The thing is: How much of the human element do we want to eliminate and who, what or where do we direct our reactions? Or do we just sit and be quiet......there's something to be said for "healthy tension".

#27 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yeah he did, but damn that ball carried really well. It would be nice to see some of our hitters take advantage of that for a change.

Not if they keep swing at everything near the zone. Danks threw 6 strikes last inning.

#28 TrueblueCubbie

TrueblueCubbie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:@cubsfantroy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yep, guess we can't blame the offense this time around. Well, it isn't helping he still isn't getting any, but holy crap Demp looks horrible tonight.

Posted Image

#29 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah.....well in this day-n-age, the technology can accurately see what someone has hidden up their butt. Do we want that for baseball? The thing is: How much of the human element do we want to eliminate and who, what or where do we direct our reactions? Or do we just sit and be quiet......

You're talking to the wrong guy. I'd eliminate umpires the first chance I get, especially this year. They have been god awful all around the league.

#30 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yeah.....well in this day-n-age, the technology can accurately see what someone has hidden up their butt. Do we want that for baseball? The thing is: How much of the human element do we want to eliminate and who, what or where do we direct our reactions? Or do we just sit and be quiet......

You're talking to the wrong guy. I'd eliminate umpires the first chance I get, especially this year. They have been god awful all around the league.

I respect your position, even though I think it is too extreme for this old school guy. We will have to agree to disagree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).