Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. Pirates - May 27, 2012 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Soriano is looking good enough this month to be trade bait. Please someone bite. Please.

Only if Cubs eat his contract. Not much in return. Loose/Loose

1) He is blocking people
2)He is only going to get worse and then we'll get absolutely nothing and still have to pay for him
3)Money already spent, so we might as well take a low level flier on someone that MeCleod likes.

#32 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

btw, did anyone else see the replay of DeJesus throwing the Alvarez home run ball into the river? I love it. Show that to anyone that says these guys don't care and aren't competitive.

#33 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Question: Theo&Co may just have to eat a ton of dollars to clear out some of the hitless wonders on the roster. I know the pen needs as much work, but what's showing up more is the lack of offense---and not only when it counts---Will Theo&Co do that?

#34 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Question: Theo&Co may just have to eat a ton of dollars to clear out some of the hitless wonders on the roster. I know the pen needs as much work, but what's showing up more is the lack of offense---and not only when it counts---

Is there a question in there? :)

#35 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Question: Theo&Co may just have to eat a ton of dollars to clear out some of the hitless wonders on the roster. I know the pen needs as much work, but what's showing up more is the lack of offense---and not only when it counts---

Is there a question in there? :)

sorry-------see edit made.......(Will Theo&Co eat the dollars?)

#36 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

I can not wait for the draft, Rizzo's call up and the trade deadline. Those days just cannot come soon enough.

#37 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Soriano is looking good enough this month to be trade bait. Please someone bite. Please.

1) He is blocking people
2)He is only going to get worse and then we'll get absolutely nothing and still have to pay for him
3)Money already spent, so we might as well take a low level flier on someone that MeCleod likes.

He is blocking no one right now unless Im missing something.
Agreed
Agreed
or just released buy next spring if no takers.

#38 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Koyie Hill is bad at hitting. He looks like a pitcher up there. Did you just see him take strike 3 right down the middle of the plate on like an 86 mph fastball.

#39 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Mlb needs to fix their umpires

#40 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

1) He is blocking people

He is blocking no one right now unless Im missing something.
Agreed
Agreed
or just released buy next spring if no takers.

Well maybe not blocking anyone this very second, but in about 1 month he will be. (At the very least he'll be blocking LaHair from moving to LF when Rizzo comes up)

To cubmig: I definitely think they'll eat the money. To them it is money already spent.

#41 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Pitchers generally strike out. It's a given. But here with Garza whiffing----that had to be like adding insult to injury. Garza walked away feeling violated one more way......imho.

#42 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Mather was lucky on that one.

#43 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

btw, did anyone else see the replay of DeJesus throwing the Alvarez home run ball into the river? I love it. Show that to anyone that says these guys don't care and aren't competitive.

Yeah another reason to like Dejesus

#44 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Castro still looks like he's thinking with his footwork out there to me. But its only on the routine plays that he looks like he is thinking.

That said, most of his errors come on routine plays so I guess I am happy that he is taking his time and doing it right now. Once it becomes natural for him, he'll be an outstanding SS.

Haven't seen him make a bad throw in quite a while now. Nice feather in the cap of the coaching staff.

#45 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

The following is a dumb thing to even consider, but I wish someone from Theo&Co say something about what is going on with this club. Even if it was a winded "Be patient Grasshopper" kind of statement. Any form of expression that affirms a sign of hope would be welcomed. They have to know this shit stinks and they are working on a shovel-ready remedy. You can tell I am drowning in exasperation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).