Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

TODAY WE LEARN SOME FACTS ABOUT THE NUMBER 12:

1. SHAWON DUNSTON- THIS ROCKET ARMED NON-WALKER WAS NOT ONLY A LONG TIME SHORTSTOP FOR THE CUBS, HE WAS ALSO THE NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE 1982 DRAFT...AHEAD OF(AHEM) DWIGHT GOODEN. MAYBE THE CUBS KNEW ABOUT GOODENS DRUG PROBLEMS, BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE GOODEN ON THE 1984 CUBS?

2.FROM THE SPORTING NEWS "BEST BY NUMBER"- WOW. QB MANIA! JOE NAMATH, TERRY BRADSHAW, JIM KELLY, ROBERTO ALOMAR, TOM BRADY, RANDALL CUNNINGHAM, JOHN STOCKTON(SNEAKY DIRTY), ROGER STAUBACH, KEN STABLER, BOB GRIESE, CHARLES WHITE(USC), JAROME IGINLA(HOCKEY SHOUT OUT)

3.MICHAEL JORDAN- DID YOU KNOW? ON FEBRUARY 14TH 1990 MJ'S 23 WAS STOLEN BEFORE A GAME IN ORLANDO. HE TRIED TO BORROW A KID'S 23 IN THE CROWD BUT IT WAS TOO SMALL. JORDAN WORE NUMBER 12 AND PROCEEDED TO SCORE 49 POINTS. (PATHETICALLY I ACTUALLY WATCHED THIS GAME, AS I WAS A BIT OF A JORDAN FREAK)

4.MARK WHITEN- IN A FANTASY BASEBALL DREAM COME TRUE, WHITEN HAD 12 RBI'S IN A 15-1 WIN FOR THE DREADED CARDINALS OVER THE REDS ON SEPTEMBER 7TH 1993. 4 HRS AND 12 RBIS. (INSERT YOUR OWN JOKE ABOUT CURRENT CUB STATISTICS)

5. DUSTY BAKER- I DON'T THINK DUSTY WAS AS BAD AS HE GETS CREDIT FOR, BUT I DID THINK THE WRISTBANDS, TOOTHPICKS AND THE FACT THAT HE HAD TO BE #12 WAS QUITE SILLY. WHY DO MANAGERS NEED A NUMBER? IT JUST SEEMS CHILD-LIKE TO ME...YOU DON'T PLAY ANYMORE, YOUR NUMBER DOESN'T MATTER...YOU COULD WEAR AN AWFUL BASEBALL NUMBER LIKE 67 AND NO ONE WOULD CARE.

#2 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

No love for Soriano?

#3 TrueblueCubbie

TrueblueCubbie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:@cubsfantroy

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I remember watching that game with Jordan.

Posted Image

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

as much as I have enjoyed these I'm relieved that there is no #13 I was tired of saying "WELL AT LEAST WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SUCK" to uppity Yanks/Tigers fans

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Alright asshole, let's get to the "Fun with winning" thread. The streaks at one and counting!!!!!

#6 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

no that will just remind me of the 1st round draft pick busts that the Cubs have drafted over the past 20 years

and Fukudome... ugh

#7 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

I would never root against my boys, but a small part of me was disappointed I didn't get to put this in the #13 thread.

"Some hotels don't have 13th floors because of superstition...But people on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on. Jump out the window of the 14th floor and you will die earlier."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).