Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Spring Training Miscellany: Brewers 8, Cubs 10 – March 9, 2014
Yesterday, 05:55 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Brewers v. Cubs (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
- Cardinals Sign Cuban Shortstop Aledmys Diaz to a Four-Year Deal, Cubs Were Involved
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
- Edwin Jackson and His Fastballs and Other Bullets
Yesterday, 08:05 AM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 9, Reds 0 – March 8, 2014
Mar 08 2014 05:22 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
FUN WITH LOSING...NUMBER 12!
Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:02 AM
1. SHAWON DUNSTON- THIS ROCKET ARMED NON-WALKER WAS NOT ONLY A LONG TIME SHORTSTOP FOR THE CUBS, HE WAS ALSO THE NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE 1982 DRAFT...AHEAD OF(AHEM) DWIGHT GOODEN. MAYBE THE CUBS KNEW ABOUT GOODENS DRUG PROBLEMS, BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE GOODEN ON THE 1984 CUBS?
2.FROM THE SPORTING NEWS "BEST BY NUMBER"- WOW. QB MANIA! JOE NAMATH, TERRY BRADSHAW, JIM KELLY, ROBERTO ALOMAR, TOM BRADY, RANDALL CUNNINGHAM, JOHN STOCKTON(SNEAKY DIRTY), ROGER STAUBACH, KEN STABLER, BOB GRIESE, CHARLES WHITE(USC), JAROME IGINLA(HOCKEY SHOUT OUT)
3.MICHAEL JORDAN- DID YOU KNOW? ON FEBRUARY 14TH 1990 MJ'S 23 WAS STOLEN BEFORE A GAME IN ORLANDO. HE TRIED TO BORROW A KID'S 23 IN THE CROWD BUT IT WAS TOO SMALL. JORDAN WORE NUMBER 12 AND PROCEEDED TO SCORE 49 POINTS. (PATHETICALLY I ACTUALLY WATCHED THIS GAME, AS I WAS A BIT OF A JORDAN FREAK)
4.MARK WHITEN- IN A FANTASY BASEBALL DREAM COME TRUE, WHITEN HAD 12 RBI'S IN A 15-1 WIN FOR THE DREADED CARDINALS OVER THE REDS ON SEPTEMBER 7TH 1993. 4 HRS AND 12 RBIS. (INSERT YOUR OWN JOKE ABOUT CURRENT CUB STATISTICS)
5. DUSTY BAKER- I DON'T THINK DUSTY WAS AS BAD AS HE GETS CREDIT FOR, BUT I DID THINK THE WRISTBANDS, TOOTHPICKS AND THE FACT THAT HE HAD TO BE #12 WAS QUITE SILLY. WHY DO MANAGERS NEED A NUMBER? IT JUST SEEMS CHILD-LIKE TO ME...YOU DON'T PLAY ANYMORE, YOUR NUMBER DOESN'T MATTER...YOU COULD WEAR AN AWFUL BASEBALL NUMBER LIKE 67 AND NO ONE WOULD CARE.
Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:13 PM
"Some hotels don't have 13th floors because of superstition...But people on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on. Jump out the window of the 14th floor and you will die earlier."
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).