Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Ryan Kalish Making Nate Schierholtz Expendable?
Today, 06:06 PM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Giants 2 – March 10, 2014
Today, 05:00 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Giants (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:35 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Injury Shake-Up, Samardzija, Santana, Diaz, Carpenter, Headley (UPDATE)
Today, 10:59 AM
- Could the Cubs’ TV Deal Look More Like the Dodgers’ Deal Than the Phillies?
Today, 09:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Padres v. Cubs - May 28, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:06 PM
And maybe it goes without saying but I'm going to point out that on a good team, Joe Mather hits 7th, overproduces for that slot, plays solid defense all over the field, and we see him as one of the unsung heroes, as an integral part of a well-oiled machine.
Instead, we've got him hitting third. And while I like Joe Mather, I can't think of another MLB team that would bat him third. Nothing against Joe, but him in the three spot affirms we have the largest collection of #6, 7 and 8 hitters in the league. He's just hitting better than the others right now.
(I thought we'd never be this close to repeating the 0-14 slide that started 1997. But here we are...)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).