The 12 Days of GoatsMas(or Cubsmas) Contest...starting Monday!
Oswego Chris - Today, 09:56 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Today, 10:06 AM
- New York Yankees Set to Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda – Any Masahiro Tanaka Implications?
Today, 09:56 AM
- How About a Chance to Win Some Money Playing Free Fantasy Football This Weekend?
Today, 09:45 AM
- Arodys Vizcaino is Hitting 98mph and Might Contribute in the Bullpen Next Season
Today, 09:16 AM
- Mariners Trying to Have Their Own Stupid Pujols Contract, but Talks with Robinson Cano Break Down (UPDATE)
Today, 08:27 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Padres v. Cubs - May 28, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:06 PM
And maybe it goes without saying but I'm going to point out that on a good team, Joe Mather hits 7th, overproduces for that slot, plays solid defense all over the field, and we see him as one of the unsung heroes, as an integral part of a well-oiled machine.
Instead, we've got him hitting third. And while I like Joe Mather, I can't think of another MLB team that would bat him third. Nothing against Joe, but him in the three spot affirms we have the largest collection of #6, 7 and 8 hitters in the league. He's just hitting better than the others right now.
(I thought we'd never be this close to repeating the 0-14 slide that started 1997. But here we are...)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).