Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Today, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Today, 02:36 PM
- Cubs Lose 2013 Rule 5 Draft Pick to Phillies Because of Lendy Castillo Shenanigans
Today, 02:00 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Today, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Today, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Today, 09:55 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Padres v. Cubs - May 28, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:06 PM
And maybe it goes without saying but I'm going to point out that on a good team, Joe Mather hits 7th, overproduces for that slot, plays solid defense all over the field, and we see him as one of the unsung heroes, as an integral part of a well-oiled machine.
Instead, we've got him hitting third. And while I like Joe Mather, I can't think of another MLB team that would bat him third. Nothing against Joe, but him in the three spot affirms we have the largest collection of #6, 7 and 8 hitters in the league. He's just hitting better than the others right now.
(I thought we'd never be this close to repeating the 0-14 slide that started 1997. But here we are...)
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users