King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

My team is mediocre, sliding into shitty territory. I have no room to talk shit to anyone right now.

#17 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm on a mission. You guys aren't talking enough shit. I have been restraining myself since I can't back it up but I'm having a bad day so the gloves are coming off! Viva La Taint. You punkasses are gonna feel my wrath. Which one of you pussy ass bitches wants some?! Time for someone to get dicked in the dick!

If you (or anybody else) lose to the collection of scrubs I roll out on a weekly basis smack talking rights get revoked for at least a month

#18 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

speaking about scrubs my top performer's currently sitting on the bench after he scored all of 15 points last week.. he's almost tripled that already

#19 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm on a mission. You guys aren't talking enough shit. I have been restraining myself since I can't back it up but I'm having a bad day so the gloves are coming off! Viva La Taint. You punkasses are gonna feel my wrath. Which one of you pussy ass bitches wants some?! Time for someone to get dicked in the dick!

I let my record talk shit for me.

Boring! You think you're hot shit on a shingle because you always win. At least I make it interesting.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#20 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Damn right Goat! You little ankle biters need a kick in the seeds every now and again and I'm just the bitch for the job. I'm taking out my foul mood on you.

The respect-ometer just went through the roof after that comment.

And I think it would be fair for Lucroy to let me squeeze his wife's butt a few times as compensation for making him worthless this week. I still feel like winning this week though.

Suck it, losers.

Respect-o-meter? I like it. Yeah, losers, suck it.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#21 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

23ryan sends Utley to Spencer for Mark Reynolds. Think he'd give me Car-Go for Ryan Theriot?

Kidding :D
- die hard fanclub member #001

#22 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

23ryan sends Utley to Spencer for Mark Reynolds. Think he'd give me Car-Go for Ryan Theriot?

In all honesty, that might be a decent trade. Reynolds was a hurt, but i think he's coming back soon, and its likely that Utley doesnt play more than 40 games this year. Plus, 23ryan is set at 2B thanks to my stupid-as-fuck trade with him a while back....

In other news, my team has been playing like I'd hoped this week. Nervous yet, Rick?

#23 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

In all honesty, that might be a decent trade. Reynolds was a hurt, but i think he's coming back soon, and its likely that Utley doesnt play more than 40 games this year. Plus, 23ryan is set at 2B thanks to my stupid-as-fuck trade with him a while back....

In other news, my team has been playing like I'd hoped this week. Nervous yet, Rick?

I wouldn't blame anyone for casting a veto against the deal, but Reynolds is a power threat for sure. He started slow last year before blasting 30 something homers after May. He had a terrible start again this year but was heating up before going on the DL. I just wish 23ryan would have shopped Utley around some more. I know I sound like a broken record, but I would have given up a generous amount to have a sure fire keeper like Utley on my squad.

I understand why he made the deal though. I just got hit with two key injuries (Fister and Tulow) in addition to the medical center I've been running on my bench all season. It's impossible to replace most positions via free agency and 23ryan is sitting at 3-5 in a decent division and needs to win sooner rather than later to stay in the game.

But god damn would I have given up a lot for Utley.

#24 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

I just wish 23ryan would have shopped Utley around some more. I know I sound like a broken record, but I would have given up a generous amount to have a sure fire keeper like Utley on my squad....

This has been the most frustrating part of this league for me this year. There have been a ton of trades made that I've looked at and said, "I'd've paid twice as much for him", and it seems like lots of owners are getting 40 cents on the dollar in trades...sigh...

#25 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

I just wish 23ryan would have shopped Utley around some more. I know I sound like a broken record, but I would have given up a generous amount to have a sure fire keeper like Utley on my squad....

This has been the most frustrating part of this league for me this year. There have been a ton of trades made that I've looked at and said, "I'd've paid twice as much for him", and it seems like lots of owners are getting 40 cents on the dollar in trades...sigh...

That a big part of the reason that I started the Hot Stove thread for the league. I don't think the trading block quite does the trick.

#26 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

You like the rangers in game six of world series. You keep coming back but keep choking on the cardinals dick! ;)

#27 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

We had a lot of proposals, most of them involving 6 players total. ultimately we couldn't make any of them work, and settled on the 1:1 move. it's a risky trade for both of us, methinks. Reynolds could go ape shit in the second half, and Utley might not come back til July. Just depends. We'll see how it works out. My earlier trade for a 2B this year didn't work out either coughRaburncough.

#28 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

My team is mediocre, sliding into shitty territory. I have no room to talk shit to anyone right now.

ditto for me.

#29 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

We had a lot of proposals, most of them involving 6 players total. ultimately we couldn't make any of them work, and settled on the 1:1 move. it's a risky trade for both of us, methinks. Reynolds could go ape shit in the second half, and Utley might not come back til July. Just depends. We'll see how it works out. My earlier trade for a 2B this year didn't work out either coughRaburncough.

Stop it Spencer, we both know you made the trade of the year here. A keeper 2nd baseman for a guy who has been on your bench half the year, and has given you a grand total of -2 points when you have started him. You're not fooling anybody. :)

And the Rayburn deal was crap for both of us so far. Fister has been hurt most of the year. But yeah, Rayburn sure has been exceptionally bad. I honestly thought he was going to have a decent year when I gave him up. At least Paulino gives you some potential.

#30 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

Stop it Spencer, we both know you made the trade of the year here. A keeper 2nd baseman for a guy who has been on your bench half the year, and has given you a grand total of -2 points when you have started him. You're not fooling anybody. :)

And the Rayburn deal was crap for both of us so far. Fister has been hurt most of the year. But yeah, Rayburn sure has been exceptionally bad. I honestly thought he was going to have a decent year when I gave him up. At least Paulino gives you some potential.

how do you see how many points a guy has had in your starting lineup? that would be interesting to see. or are you just using hyperbole, in which case the -2 is probably pretty accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).