#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Anyone else out there ever had these thoughts? Or is it just me?

These things seem to happen more often than not, though with the Cubs it COULD be entirely coincindental...

I tune into a Cubs game that is just starting... the oposing team has a great first inning, and/or the Cubs pitcher looks bad out of the gate...

I tune into a Cubs game already in progress, and see the Cubs are not doing too bad... the score is either in the Cubs favor (uhh... not so many times this year), or the game is within reach score-wise... as I sit down to watch, the other team has a big inning and/or the Cubs start making silly plays on the field, committing errors, etc.....

I tune in late, finding the Cubs are in position to win (again, not so much this year), only to watch as they fall apart and let the other team come back to win late...

The common factor in these situations is ME... it seems all too often the Cubs do better when I am not involved in the game, and the Cubs doing poorly coincides with me watching or listening to the game. Last night was the first game in long time that I haven't watched or listened to a game - at all, and I saw on the news that the Cubs won, breaking their losing streak. Today, being at work, I am not watching or listening... I see they are up 3-1, now...

I know the Cubs have been miserable, so it COULD be purely coincidence... but, sometimes I feel Bartman-ish... During the The Infamous Game 6 of the 2003 Marlin's series, I had to help get the kids to bed, and by the time I could sit down and watch the game, it was the top of the 7th inning, just before the 7th inning stretch... Yeahhh... things were looking sooo promising at that point. I sat there and watched with excitement increasing as the Cubs got closer to the end of the game and a trip to the World Series, only to see the wheels come off the wagon in the 8th.

Does anyone else ever feel like THEY are the jinxed one, causing the Cubs ills over the years? I know I can't account for ALL of the bad things over the last 102 years, but I feel like I've had a "hand" in many over the last few decades...

Maybe I just need to stay away until the Cubs win their next World Series!

#2 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Whew! There for a minute I thought it was me!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#3 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

I've actually been having good luck I'm usually too busy to catch games but I've only listened to them lose once this year. I guess somebody should buy me one of those awesome cable packages so I get all their games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).