King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Wow, that is defense really letting you down.

#63 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Twitter:magilljl
  • LocationIowa

Man....want a GREAT FUCKING PICKUP KOYIE HILL WAS!!!! Piece of shit.

#64 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Fuckin koyie hill

#65 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

I really hate that asshole.

#66 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

All this shit started cause Soriano couldn't make a relatively routine catch... deja fucking vu

#67 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Time for Soriano to take a fucking seat. His offense is not making up for his lack of LF productivity

#68 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

I like Koyie--good guy--but not a strong enough player to be handling these duties at this level. Cleve is still a work-in-progress but he appears to be ahead of the curve, and that's our best option. Soto is DL meat and an unfortunate BABIP waiting to happen for the Cubs or whoever buys him for peanuts. Castillo is still not a ML starter, even if he weren't injured.

I'm not saying there aren't potentials here, but we have no real provens. Hence, Koyie Hill is doing his best. I wish it were good enough.
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#69 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I like Koyie--good guy--but not a strong enough player to be handling these duties at this level. Cleve is still a work-in-progress but he appears to be ahead of the curve, and that's our best option. Soto is DL meat and an unfortunate BABIP waiting to happen for the Cubs or whoever buys him for peanuts. Castillo is still not a ML starter, even if he weren't injured.

I'm not saying there aren't potentials here, but we have no real provens. Hence, Koyie Hill is doing his best. I wish it were good enough.

I understand he's doing his best, and that we can't play Cleve everyday. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he screwed the pooch there a few times right in a row which does all it can to exacerbate an already frustrating situation

#70 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Question: what's the manager's influence in the outcome of a game?

I know there are many schools of thought, but generally the consensus is "not much" as far as I can tell.

That said, I'm curious about a specific item: what is Sveum's influence on the defense of the 2012 Cubs vs. the 2011 Cubs?

Defensive shifts are where it's at for this team, and I can't believe otherwise. And how do you factor something like that into the manager's influence in a game?

#71 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I understand he's doing his best, and that we can't play Cleve everyday. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he screwed the pooch there a few times right in a row which does all it can to exacerbate an already frustrating situation

I share the frustration, totally. I just wish a good guy like Koyie would come up with some good plays, too, I'd like to see him succeed.

#72 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Re Z's record: I think he was 9-7 with the Cubs and before today's game was 3-3 with FL. I was multi-tasking before and gave wrong info......hope this isn't wrong too! LOL!

#73 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Maybe when they sewed Hill's fingers back on they could have done it in a way that he could hold a bat and get a hit.

#74 cubman87

cubman87

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:cubman87
  • Facebook:cubman87

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

I just can't imagine that the Cubs can't find anyone else...I mean I got it, I know we're dealing with a bunch of injuries but still....

#75 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Will the Cubs score in this game???? They have been stinking it up. Maybe winning the 3 against SD made them think they turned things around. Reality check happening.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).