Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Claim Pitcher Liam Hendriks Off of Waivers from the Twins
Today, 01:03 PM
- Another Reason to Expect Masahiro Tanaka to Be Posted? Other NPB Teams Want to Pay to Get Him Out
Today, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: John Andreoli
Today, 11:36 AM
- The Asking Price for Jeff Samardzija Has Indeed Been as Lofty as it Should Be
Today, 10:01 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Mayor and Alderman Want Cubs to Start Work, City May Be Pushing Rooftops
Today, 08:44 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Kerry Wood's Salary
Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:26 AM
I think Kerry's retiring when he did; when he realized that he no longer was able to pitch well, was a class act. I respect him for that decision, and also I respect him for realizing that he was probably hurting the Cubs more than helping, when he took the mound.
Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:11 PM
Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken the money comes from the same pool of money that Theo has at his disposal.
I hope that couple million in salary relief is money the Cubs saved. From the sounds of it, they are going to need every dime for Soler. They can bring Wood back some other time. Love you Wood, but we need the dough bro..
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy
"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).