Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. Los Gigantes - June 4, 2012 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Had to get a jump on today's game thread with a bit of a WTF?!

It's raining.

Now, for almost all of you, a little rain on June 4th would be quite unremarkable. But here in the Bay Area? It's just weird. We get rain from November to March, with an occasional shower in October or April. And that's it. It just doesn't rain from May to September.

Looks like the rain will probably pass before the first pitch, but it just feels odd. Yesterday was such a remarkable, non-San Francisco-in-summer-like sunny day (~70°-ish, clear), and today is like December. Kooky.

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

It's raining.

Now, for almost all of you, a little rain on June 4th would be quite unremarkable. But here in the Bay Area? It's just weird. We get rain from November to March, with an occasional shower in October or April. And that's it. It just doesn't rain from May to September.

Looks like the rain will probably pass before the first pitch, but it just feels odd. Yesterday was such a remarkable, non-San Francisco-in-summer-like sunny day (~70°-ish, clear), and today is like December. Kooky.

isn't it usually ~70ish in the bay (and really freakin cold at night (for the uninitiated wearing shorts)).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

It's raining.

isn't it usually ~70ish in the bay (and really freakin cold at night (for the uninitiated wearing shorts)).

When you roll into town, you roll into the Easy Bay, right? Or the Peninsula?

See, the Bay Area is a freaky place. If you look a summer weather forecast in the newspaper, you'll see this "highs from 62-95, lows in the upper 40's to mid 50's." Seriously.

Here in HMB it could be foggy and 59° on July 1, and it could be 90° in Oakland, 112° up in Sacramento, 64° in San Francisco, 75° and clear in Santa Cruz, and 95° in San Jose. All of these places (except Sacramento) are within 45 minutes' drive of each other. If that ain't weird, I don't know what is.

Generally speaking, 360 days of the year you could go out of the house in a hoodie, t-shirt and shorts -- or jeans and a sweater -- and by the end of the day have the opposite ensemble on.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

We are the opposite. It actually rains every day here from May to November, sometime between 3 and 4 pm usually.

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

(By the by, any time anyone wants to get a jump start on that day's game thread, by all means start it up.)

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

It's raining.

When you roll into town, you roll into the Easy Bay, right? Or the Peninsula?

See, the Bay Area is a freaky place. If you look a summer weather forecast in the newspaper, you'll see this "highs from 62-95, lows in the upper 40's to mid 50's." Seriously.

Here in HMB it could be foggy and 59° on July 1, and it could be 90° in Oakland, 112° up in Sacramento, 64° in San Francisco, 75° and clear in Santa Cruz, and 95° in San Jose. All of these places (except Sacramento) are within 45 minutes' drive of each other. If that ain't weird, I don't know what is.

Generally speaking, 360 days of the year you could go out of the house in a hoodie, t-shirt and shorts -- or jeans and a sweater -- and by the end of the day have the opposite ensemble on.

I usually fly into Oakland (except the one time we had to drive out from Indiana (Ugh)) and stay on that side of the Bay. The time we drove out we got in on a Sunday (after driving through the high desert) and were wearing shorts (first time on the west coast). We decided to catch a Giants game and luckily I changed into jeans but still in short sleeves. I froze my but off that night. Walking around SF before the game (after getting off the subway in the middle of the Pride Parade) I was actually starting to break a bit of a sweat and was wishing I hadn't changed into jeans. Later on I was very thankful I had but wished I had brought a hoody. I am looking forward to the next time I head out there. It is really is a nice area (even oakland). Last visit to the west coast was to San Diego this past February. You really cant beat 70's in the winter.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Walking around SF before the game (after getting off the subway in the middle of the Pride Parade) I was actually starting to break a bit of a sweat ...

WELCOME TO SAN FRANCISCO, pal!

#8 VivaLaStarlinCastro

VivaLaStarlinCastro

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:HEELRoberts21
  • Facebook:Jesse Robertson

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Least we have a somewhat decent lineup!

#9 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Anyone got Sveum's cell? I want to send him a text, let him know that I can be suited up for the game and on the field in about 35 minutes.

#10 VivaLaStarlinCastro

VivaLaStarlinCastro

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Anyone got Sveum's cell? I want to send him a text, let him know that I can be suited up for the game and on the field in about 35 minutes.

309-300-IGOTNOCLUE
Lines busy though..Lots of people want to walk on apparently

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

309-300-IGOTNOCLUE

Walk on? Walk on?!?!

I think you underestimate me, pal!

#12 VivaLaStarlinCastro

VivaLaStarlinCastro

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

309-300-IGOTNOCLUE

Walk on? Walk on?!?!

I think you underestimate me, pal!

Is Preferred walk on better?

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Walking around SF before the game (after getting off the subway in the middle of the Pride Parade) I was actually starting to break a bit of a sweat ...

WELCOME TO SAN FRANCISCO, pal!

haha

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Let's go Cubs. I gotta good feeling about today...
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#15 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

what area code is 309? did chicago add another area code? remember when empire commercials were just "588-2300"? they just assumed everyone in the world was in area code 312.... i know i did. i remember when they added "312" to the jingle. it sounded like shit! they should have just stopped allowing people to move into chicago... or give birth... to preserve the jingle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).