This was a good pick for the Cubs. I hope they draft two more bats tonight.
I have heard the "take impact guys" motto, but what does that mean afayk?
I'd expect the Cubs to be closely watching high ceiling, unpolished high school pitching. If they can get a couple of guys who throw in the mid 90s, have one good pitch and two more pitches that could be good with work, I think they'll be pretty happy with their day.
Sure would be nice to build our bullpen from the minors in the future...seems like the model that works for a lot of teams with consistently good bullpens.
Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Old Style Stays at Wrigley Field and Other Bullets
Today, 07:31 AM
- Lukewarm Stove: Ryan Kalish Making Nate Schierholtz Expendable?
Yesterday, 06:06 PM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Giants 2 – March 10, 2014
Yesterday, 05:00 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Giants (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Injury Shake-Up, Samardzija, Santana, Diaz, Carpenter, Headley (UPDATE)
Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
2012 MLB Draft Thread
Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).