12 replies to this topic

#1 pkclimber

pkclimber

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

I was watching something on the mlb network about the all star game. Got me thinking about how much is kind of sucks to watch. So naturally, I started thinking about how it could be made more fun to watch. This is what I came up with. Instead of having AL vs NL, pick two managers. It doesn't really matter who the managers are. Hell, make a wish could handle that part. How awesome would it be to have a 12 year old baseball fanatic manage an all star team. Have a couple managers come in for them and act as a bench coach. Second, the managers then pick teams in a backyard pickup game style. Instead of a boring AL vs NL game, it truly becomes a game of all stars. Who steps up and plays?

Thoughts?

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Um, yeah. My thoughts?

Make it a damn exhibition game again. Get rid of the bullshit World Series home-field advantage nonsense. Then, do whatever the hell you want to with the rules.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

I like it. Not hard to top the current setup.

#4 cubman87

cubman87

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:cubman87
  • Facebook:cubman87

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Have it be like the NHL all star game. Take the top 50 players and pick two captains and let them choose who's on which side. I love that about the NHL.

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think that they should just have Chris Volstad and Francisco Liriano start every game. Guaranteed fireworks.

#6 Joker

Joker

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:@joeyoakes
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think that's a rock solid idea. Make it happen.
The Outfield is Eating Andre Dawson!

#7 chirogerg1

chirogerg1

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

the reason it's so boring to watch is the pitchers are to damn good, but the hitters are good enough to fly out/ground out instead of strike out, making it even more boring. I agree with King Jeff (how about ted lilly and vincent padilla but they can only throw curveballs), but then being selected as the all-star starter would be the worst embarrassment ever.

The should, in my opinion, do more skills contests like the NBA and NHL do (ideas: first baseman picking/digging contest, second baseman double play pivot times, catcher blocking contests and pop times, web gems, home run robbing, races, OF arm contest, double play improv, radar gun on infield throws), any other ideas?

#8 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Um, yeah. My thoughts?

Make it a damn exhibition game again. Get rid of the bullshit World Series home-field advantage nonsense. Then, do whatever the hell you want to with the rules.

Can I volunteer for your campaign to become baseball's commissioner? Anyone willing to put an end to the "this time it counts" nonsense gets my vote for sure.

#9 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Lol...I want to see the MLB version of the NBA Skills Competition.

First, you lay down a bunt and sprint to first...field grounders there until you can throw one into a target above the plate...immediately take off and beat a throw to second...another grounder and throw into the home target. Catch a popup between 2nd and 3rd then dash home around 3rd. Finally, you pick up a bat and hit a HR off a BP pitcher to stop the clock.
And that's a bad miss...

#10 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I like the NHL's Allstar games. The format and skills challenge before it are very fun to watch and better yet, they dont have any stupid caveat to why they should win. Also they still hit eachother (maybe not as much but they still do and unlike football ug)

#11 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

I like the NHL's Allstar games. The format and skills challenge before it are very fun to watch and better yet, they dont have any stupid caveat to why they should win. Also they still hit eachother (maybe not as much but they still do and unlike football ug)

Football has The Worst vote me in game in the professional sports. I am a big football fan but they don't even try to look like they are trying. If you look at the line, at the snap the linemen just stand up and touch each others shoulder pads. It is basically a half-assed 7 on 7 drill.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Um, yeah. My thoughts?

Can I volunteer for your campaign to become baseball's commissioner? Anyone willing to put an end to the "this time it counts" nonsense gets my vote for sure.

Yes. Yes you may.

I hereby officially declare my candidacy for commissioner of MLB.

#13 pkclimber

pkclimber

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Um, yeah. My thoughts?

Yes. Yes you may.

I hereby officially declare my candidacy for commissioner of MLB.

Now we just have to get rid of Selig. I vote overly elaborate Bond villain style trap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).