Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. Brewers - June 5, 2012 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Brett,
I have seen Cliffy post a couple of tweets regarding Sori's light bat, and his stats since the change insisted upon by Sveum. Haven't heard your thoughts that I can remember. How much "weight" do you attribute to the lighter bat.

Pun intended.

Also, I wouldn't know about the tweets - a few weeks ago, for reasons that remain largely a mystery to me, Cliffy blocked me on Twitter. As near as I can tell, I never did anything wrong. Always enjoyed following Cliffy, and exchanging thoughts. It was a bummer.

Woah, it must be quite an honor to be followed by "The" Brett Taylor from Bleacher Nation on Twitter. Of course, some of us regulars wouldn't know about that. :ph34r:

Ha. I followed you for a long time, but you stopped tweeting (this was a long time ago). Cliffy exclusively tweeted useful Cubs tidbits - which is not a criticism of you or anyone else, just an explanation of why I liked following him.

I cycle through folks regularly, so I'm sure I'll be back on your soon.

#17 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nice inning for Dempster....even though Herpes-Boy stretched out that AB.

Still only threw 16 pitches. 12 for strikes.

#18 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Brett,
I have seen Cliffy post a couple of tweets regarding Sori's light bat, and his stats since the change insisted upon by Sveum. Haven't heard your thoughts that I can remember. How much "weight" do you attribute to the lighter bat.

Pun intended.

Also, I wouldn't know about the tweets - a few weeks ago, for reasons that remain largely a mystery to me, Cliffy blocked me on Twitter. As near as I can tell, I never did anything wrong. Always enjoyed following Cliffy, and exchanging thoughts. It was a bummer.

Woah, it must be quite an honor to be followed by "The" Brett Taylor from Bleacher Nation on Twitter. Of course, some of us regulars wouldn't know about that. :ph34r:

Ha. I followed you for a long time, but you stopped tweeting (this was a long time ago). Cliffy exclusively tweeted useful Cubs tidbits - which is not a criticism of you or anyone else, just an explanation of why I liked following him.

Yeah, the Goat and BNFL drew me back to Twitter, can't blame you for unfollowing me when I had like 3 tweets in a 2 month period. Nice job on the draft today BTW. Which was more taxing, this or the trade deadline blog-a-thon?

#19 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Brett,

Pun intended.

Speaking of twitter haters, I did noticed you dropped me as well? I had a question to direct messge you, and I was cut off. Wasn't going to say anything, but thought you left the door open with your Cliffy comment. I figure it was just a minor oversight. No worries.

That is a bummer about Cliffy blocking you. Come to think of it, he hasn't responded to the last few questions I had sent his way. He must have new friends. Lame.

#20 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

5Ks....

#21 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Speaking of twitter haters, I did noticed you dropped me as well? I had a question to direct messge you, and I was cut off. Wasn't going to say anything, but thought you left the door open with your Cliffy comment. I figure it was just a minor oversight. No worries.

That is a bummer about Cliffy blocking you. Come to think of it, he hasn't responded to the last few questions I had sent his way. He must have new friends. Lame.

I am just kidding by the way. I do know you cycle through people to follow. I truly, seldom, say something worth noting.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Brett,

Pun intended.

Sorry, it was probably the same thing as Jeff - some stretch where you hadn't tweeted in a long time. Definitely not personal (obviously).

#23 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Nice inning for Dempster....even though Herpes-Boy stretched out that AB.

#24 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Corey's not wearing his sunglasses tonight.

#25 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Brett,

Pun intended.

Yeah, the Goat and BNFL drew me back to Twitter, can't blame you for unfollowing me when I had like 3 tweets in a 2 month period. Nice job on the draft today BTW. Which was more taxing, this or the trade deadline blog-a-thon?

Still the blog-a-thon (given the length), but this totally matched it in terms of CONSTANTLY being "on." I was just telling The Wife that I am really wiped out. I had no idea how much work it would be to "live" cover the Draft like that. I didn't do it like that last year.

By the way, this year's blog-a-thon? 30 hours.

#26 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Brett,

Pun intended.

Still the blog-a-thon (given the length), but this totally matched it in terms of CONSTANTLY being "on." I was just telling The Wife that I am really wiped out. I had no idea how much work it would be to "live" cover the Draft like that. I didn't do it like that last year.

By the way, this year's blog-a-thon? 30 hours.

Nice, it should be epic with all the possible moves, and the message board active, and a lot of us on twitter anyway. It's going to be fun being a Cubs fan for the next couple of months in my opinion, I guess that makes me sick or something.

#27 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

3 - 6-3s in that inning...nice.

#28 cys_av8r

cys_av8r

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Does Midol really get their money's worth for a Cubs game ad? While watching this team sometimes makes me feel like how imagine menstral cramps feel....those drugs won't help me.

#29 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Demp with everything down.Will be hard to hit if he can keep it there.

#30 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Twitter:magilljl
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Does Midol really get their money's worth for a Cubs game ad? While watching this team sometimes makes me feel like how imagine menstral cramps feel....those drugs won't help me.

I wonder this same thing about sooo many commercials. I remember during the NFL draft they showed that damned teenage girl and her mom crying over cell phones every commercial break, and it just pissed me off. Didn't get the placement of that particular Verizon commercial....however, it was no midol ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).