So this year, I've pretty much made my choices, except for my fifth spot.
1) Dustin Pedroia (Franchise)
2) Starlin Castro (15th round)
3) Anthony Rizzo (25th round)
4) Bryce Harper (24th round)
5) Jeff Samardzija (23rd round) or Yu Darvish (23rd round)
The reason, Bryce Harper is so cheap is because I picked him up in our minor league draft. (Yes, how nerdy are we that we have a minor league draft?) Same for Yu Darvish. Castro, I picked up in the late rounds a few years ago, so he's still pretty cost effective. Rizzo, I snagged from the undrafted free agent pool last year just before the Cubs called him up, Samardzija, too.
So here's my dilemma. Do I keep Shark or Darvish? Our categories are Walks, K's, Wins, Losses, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP. Any thoughts?