The Taylors didn’t get to see any baseball this weekend thanks to the ill-timed rain, but it was a good weekend for the Cubs …
Friday, April 24
- Javier Baez is headed to AAA Iowa after a stop at extended Spring Training in Arizona.
- Luis took a look at Chris Coghlan’s time before the Cubs, and with the Cubs.
- The MLBPA might still be mulling a grievance over Kris Bryant’s service time.
- Kyle Schwarber and Dan Vogelbach have been embarrassing AA pitching.
- The latest from the Lukewarm Stove, including international and bullpen items, plus David Price preferring the NL.
- It was a slightly smaller and earlier comeback, but the Cubs did come back, and then they won the game against the Reds in 11 innings.
Saturday, April 25
- Anthony Rizzo’s homer the night before and his ridiculous season numbers get some love.
- Jon Lester’s first end-to-end solid start got me wondering about Win Probability Added for some reason.
- Luis looked at the Cubs’ schedule thus far, and, more specifically, how the performance of that schedule compared to what we thought it would be, and how it will be the rest of the way. In short: the Cubs are what they are so far.
- The Reds and Cubs were rained out after a four-hour delay, during which The Wife and I chilled around the ballpark.
Sunday, April 26
- With no baseball the day before, I decided to fawn over a ridiculous diving play Addison Russell made on Friday night.
- Sunday’s Bullets featured a look at the recovery of a couple important AAA arms for the Cubs, and much more.
- We’re nearing the end of April, which means it’s finally time to really dig in on the upcoming MLB draft. And boy did Luke dig in.
- Adam Wainwright hurt his Achilles, and could be lost to the Cardinals for the year.
- The Cubs beat the Reds behind great pitching and a well-timed double from Addison Russell.
- And the Reds clearly tried to have one of their mascots take out Kris Bryant as payback.