Today is Amazon Prime Day! That’s not actually a thing, but Amazon is trying to make it a thing with a bunch of deals, a la Black Friday. I’m still scanning to see what I want, but check it out for yourself. And, of course, any time you shop at Amazon via the links here at BN (there’s always one in the top left corner of the site), you’re supporting the site without having to do any hard work. You’re awesome!
- No home field advantage for the Chicago Cubs in the World Series this year, as the AL All-Stars beat the NL squad 6-3 last night in a fun, but relatively un-dramatic, Midsummer Classic. Anthony Rizzo grounded out to first with a runner at third (who totally could have scored, but whatever) against Dallas Keuchel, and flied out to center. Kris Bryant worked a nice walk against Delin Betances, and then flied out to the warning track in right against Glen Perkins.
- Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant had a great time, taking in the experience, even mingling with ballplayers on “hated” rivals (CSN, Cubs.com). Speaking of which, one of the most captionable pictures ever:
— All-Star Game (@AllStarGame) July 15, 2015
- Forbes has released its list of the top 50 most valuable sports teams in the world, and the Yankees come in tied at number two on the list at $3.2 billion, right there with the Cowboys, and just slightly behind Real Madrid (the other kind of football). There are 12 MLB teams on the list, which is twice as many as last time they did this exercise. The Dodgers are the second-highest MLB team at number 9 ($2.4 billion), and the Cubs are also behind the Red Sox ($2.1 billion) and Giants ($2 billion), at number 17, valued at $1.8 billion. The Cubs are tied with the New York Jets, which, if nothing else, proves just how much the NFL is king.
- Apropos of nothing, but interesting:
Of Jason Motte's nine walks this season, five have been IBB. Strip those away, and even with his one hit batsman figured in, his BB% is 4.1.
— Matthew Trueblood (@MATrueblood) July 14, 2015
- The Cubs are into part two of the favorite GIF vote thing. Can’t believe I’d forgotten about Jake’s Buzzsaw. That’s a great one.
- That all reminded me of the first half, and favorite moments and all that stuff:
— Brett Taylor (@BleacherNation) July 14, 2015
- I did a guest spot on a podcast:
— Jeffrey Wright (@JWright929espn) July 14, 2015