The holiday weekend is over. You are still stuffed, perhaps dreading a return to normalcy and the work piles that await you. Why nor forestall that return, or at least give yourself a break, by catching up on all the things you missed around here while you were celebrating and eating?
Thursday, November 24
- It was Thanksgiving, and I spent the morning in the ER! There was also some other stuff, much more related to the Cubs and baseball.
Friday, November 25
- Among Friday’s Bullets, changes in the bullpen, a floor in pitch-framing, and a notable deal.
- The Cubs’ two top prospects got some Arizona Fall League love.
- If I told you Willson Contreras was awesome last year, you wouldn’t blink. But what if I told you he was the most non-catchery catcher?
- Statcast tracked the Cubs’ five longest homers of the year – know what they are without checking?
- A whole lot from the rumor mill, despite the slowness associated with the CBA and the fact that it was Black Friday.
Saturday, November 26
- The Cubs have a killer group of youngsters, but do they have the best foursome?
- Brian Cashman credits the Cubs for the gumption to trade Gleyber Torres for Aroldis Chapman.
Sunday, November 27
- Among Sunday’s Bullets, the Cardinals probably aren’t just going to fall off a cliff.
- A sneak peek at the World Series film – the 10th inning, specifically – had me like whoa. Seriously.
- Your up-to-the-moment check on the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations, which are still ongoing. Three days and counting …