Are your leftovers gone? Our turkey was brutally bad this year, so the leftovers (of the turkey, at least) never really became leftovers, and I am bummed about that. I missed out.
If you missed out on any BN’ing while you were chowing down, catch up on the headlines here since the day before Thanksgiving …
Wednesday, November 22
- A whole bunch of Braves prospects were turned loose into free agency, and the Cubs can go after them.
- For fun, a look at Giancarlo Stanton’s 10-year projections with a variety of new teams, including the Cubs.
- I would not have expected to see a rumor about a team wanting to trade for Justin Wilson this offseason, but here we are.
- The Cardinals are apparently “thinking big” this offseason. The must really feel burned by the Cubs …
- The “Pitcher Whisperer” could be one of the Cubs’ key additions this offseason, so don’t let it go under the radar.
- The Cubs are selling 8-game and 14-game ticket packs.
- Jon Jay is reportedly chatting it up with the Mariners.
- Around the league, there are landmines in free agency, the Marlins want cash, and more.
Thursday, November 23
- Just the Bullets on Thanksgiving, with Bryce Harper teasing the Cubs again, Jeff Passan giving up his HOF vote, and more.
Friday, November 24
- The Cubs have a possible catching log-jam coming up behind Willson Contreras.
- Improving the performance of the rotation by improving the bullpen depth at AAA Iowa. Yup, I said what I said.
- Taking stock of a possible Cubs free agent target … Lance Lynn?
- If the Cubs *had* to fill their vacant closer job with someone already in-house, who would get the job?
- Some very random Cubs leaders and laggards. I enjoyed this quite a bit. I think you will also enjoy it.
- A check in on the rumor mill to wind down Friday, including Ian Happ as a trade chip.
Saturday, November 25
- So, nothing of significance has happened yet this offseason, but is that unusual by this time of year? (YUP!)
- Among Saturday’s Bullets, I’m wondering if Dillon Maples will be a big part of the Cubs’ bullpen next year.
Sunday, November 26
- Shohei Ohtani sent teams a little weekend homework, asking about their cities and plans for him.
- The Twins are apparently ready to be very aggressive this offseason, which had me thinking about how that’s often the case for younger teams ready to turn the corner.
- A couple things sort of happened later on Sunday, but they weren’t super interesting, and I cannot even recommend you read what I wrote about them, which was mostly offered only to point out how crazy slow things are.