We aren’t to the 100 PA threshold yet, so any numbers are coming from small sample sizes. Just your general warning and reminder.
Right now the Tennessee Smokies are tied for the Southern League lead in steals with 23. They have two players with five steals each (Jeffrey Baez and Trent Giambrone) one player with six (Trey Martin) and one with four (Eddy Martinez). All of those players are at least tied for a spot in the top ten league wide.
The Smokies also lead the league in walks (86), thanks in large part to Zach Short (14), Charcer Burks (10), Trey Martin (10), and Jason Vosler (10).
- Adbert Alzolay: 4 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- Randy Rosario: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Mark Zagunis: 2 for 4
- Bijan Rademacher: 1 for 3, 2B
- Taylor Davis: 3 for 4, 2 2B
- Michael Rucker: 5 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 5 K
- Tommy Nance: 2 IP, 1 R (0 ER), 3 H, 4 K
- James Norwood: 2 IP, 2 H
- Trent Giambrone: 2 for 4, 2B
- Charcer Burks: 1 for 3, BB
- Keegan Thompson: 5 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 3 K
- D.J. Wilson: 1 for 3, BB, SB
- Jhonny Pereda: 2 for 3, BB
- Connor Myers: 1 for 2, BB, SB
- Erich Uelmen: 5 IP, 4 R, 7 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- Brendan King: 3 IP, 1 H, 4 K
- Manuel Rodriquez: 1 IP, 1 BB, 3 K
- Roberto Caro: 3 for 6, 2B, 3B, BB, SB
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 3 for 7, 2 2B, HR
- Austin Filiere: 2 for 5, BB
- Tyler Payne: 1 for 6, 3B
- Miguel Amaya: 3 for 6, 2 2B, HR
- Brandon Hughes: 3 for 4, BB, SB
- Rafael Narea: 1 for 4, 2 BB
- Zach Davis: 1 for 3, 3B, 3 BB
- South Bend is proving to be a very streaky team. Prior to yesterday, they had not scored more than two runs in a game since April 13, the last game of their five game winning streak. They lost seven of the eight games they played during that offensive drought, and then blew up for seventeen runs in Wednesday’s contest.
- Alzolay threw 83 pitches yesterday, and did a nice job keeping Iowa in the game against a very tough Oklahoma City lineup. Given that he got a late start to the season, I can’t be unhappy with yesterday’s performance. On the other hand, given that the wind was howling in from left at 21 MPH, it might be that Alzolay’s flyball tendencies would have resulted in more runs on a night with more normal weather.
- At Myrtle Beach, D.J. Wilson once again showed off his impressive glove in center field with another incredible catch:
— MyrtleBeachPelicans (@Pelicanbaseball) April 25, 2018