This weekend might’ve ended in a loss, but it’s always good when the Cubs beat the White Sox in a series, so I’m not really sweating it. If you checked out this weekend – or spent most of your time celebrating the moms in your life – here’s what you missed:
Friday, May 11
- Cubs prospect Javier Assad finished April with an ERA of 0.95.
- Kris Bryant should totally be on your superstar short-list … right?
- The MLBits included thoughts on Matt Harvey’s debut for the Reds and the fighting between the Players Association and League.
- Yu Darvish will return to the rotation on Tuesday.
- Francisco Lindor lost a bet and shaved his head for it.
- Joe Maddon *really* believes in Ian Happ.
- Willson Contreras crushed a grand slam.
- And then he picked off a runner at second base.
- And then Kris Bryant hit his 101st home run. It was a good game.
Saturday, May 12
- The Cubs Minor League system needs more youthful upside.
- Willson Contreras’ big day led to some big numbers.
- When it comes to Tyler Chatwood, you have to take the good with the bad.
- Kyle Schwarber’s impressive throw and lucky hit.
- Ben Zobrist can’t wear the shoes he wants, but there might be more to it than that.
- Anthony Rizzo hit his fifth homer of the month.
- The Cubs won again, clinching the series.
Sunday, May 13