Most of the farm system had the day off yesterday, so hopefully they got to enjoy the All-Star Game and all the homery awesomeness it provided.
Unfortunately, that means there isn’t a whole lot in the Daily today.
- Alec Mills: 6 IP, 3 R, 7 H, 3 K
- Anthony Bass: 1 IP, 1 K
- Kyle Ryan: 1 IP, 1 K
- Mark Zagunis: 1 for 4, BB, 2 SB
- Jason Vosler: 1 for 3, 2B, BB
- Bijan Rademacher: 2 for 3, BB
- Chris Gimenez: 1 for 1, 2B
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee had the day off.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach had the day off.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend had the day off.
- Derek Casey: 2 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- Eury Ramos: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 K
- Eugenio Palma: 1.1 IP, 2 K
- Jonathan Sierra: 1 for 4, SB
- Nelson Velazquez: 1 for 3, BB, SB
- Luke Reynolds: 2 for 4, 2B
- Gustavo Polanco: 2 for 4
Rookie: AZL Cubs 1
AZL Cubs 1 had the day off.
Rookie: AZL Cubs 2
AZL Cubs 2 had the day off.
- Iowa lefty Kyle Ryan continues to pitch well. His inning yesterday was his first appearance of just one inning for Iowa this season, and it dropped his ERA down to 2.78. Most of the damage in that ERA came when he gave up six runs on June 1 (jumping his ERA from 0.57 to 3.38) and when he gave up 3 runs on July 12 (raising his ERA to 2.86). Other than those two games, he’s been excellent. At some point I suspect he’ll get a crack at Wrigley.
- When he does get to Wrigley, I suspect he’ll do well. He throws strikes, gets strikeouts (about one an inning), and has fantastic ground ball rate of 66.3%. Strikeouts and weak contact are a good formula for a lefty reliever. Or any pitcher, for that matter.