Some good things about today’s game …
- It counts as only one loss.
- It’s easier to shake off a stupid and ridiculous game like that than a heartbreaker that you blew in the 9th.
- Some power from Willson Contreras and Kris Bryant.
- The Cubs did not make an error.
- Despite getting only three innings from Jon Lester, the Cubs’ bullpen is not in shambles after this one since only three middle relievers were used.
- The Cardinals actually used more relief pitchers than the Cubs.
- We got to see history – I heard on the broadcast that no team has used three position players in a game since the early 1970s, and the Cubs haven’t used more than one in a game since the early 1900s.
Some bad things about today’s game …
- Everything else.