Imagine a team, trailing by one, down to their final out, tying the game on a steal of home.
Unfortunately, you do have to imagine it. The ballpark in Everett is still not hooked up to MiLB.tv, so when Fernando Kelli broke for the plate last night, there were no cameras watching. But it definitely happened.
KELLI STEALS HOME IN THE 9TH!
On the throw back to the mound, Kelli breaks and scores! WOWOWOWOWOWO!
Tie game in Everett! #GoEms
— Eugene Emeralds (@EugeneEmeralds) August 14, 2018
The Emeralds went onto win the game in the tenth.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa had the day off.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee also had the day off.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach, likewise, had the day off.
- Erling Moreno: 7 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Manuel Rodriquez: 2 IP, 4 K
- Miguel Amaya: 1 for 4, 2B
- Austin Filiere: 2 for 3, BB
- Jimmy Herron: 1 for 3, SB
- Chris Singleton: 1 for 3, SB
- Riley Thompson: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Stephen Ridings: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Mitch Stophel: 3IP, 1 R (0 ER), 1 H, 3 BB, 2 K
- Grant Fennell: 3 for 6, 2B
- Luke Reynolds: 1 for 4, BB
- Fernando Kelli: 0 for 0, SB. He stole home after pinch running in the ninth.
- Jonathan Sierra: 1 for 4, 2B, BB
- D.J. Artis: 2 for 3, BB, SB
- Bailey Clark: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- Didier Vargas: 5.2 IP, 3 R (1 ER), 3 H, 1 BB, 6 K
- Yonathan Perlaza: 2 for 4, 2B
- Orian Nunez: 2 for 3, 2B
- Yovanny Cruz: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 K
- Chris Allen: 3 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Reivaj Garcia: 2 for 5
- Henderson Perez: 2 for 4, 3B
- Cole Roederer: 2 for 4
- Drew Wharton: 2 for 2, 2 BB
- The rehabbing Bailey Clark and Danny Hultzen both worked a scoreless appearance for AZL Cubs 1. Clark pitched the first two innings, and Hultzen came in to strike out a batter in the eighth.
- We don’t have the steal of home highlight from Eugene, but we do have some clips from South Bend, including a very good squeeze play to score the go ahead run, a double play in which South Bend caught two runners in a run down, and some good pitching from Erling Moreno and Manuel Rondon.